( 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝟏𝟎𝟗 )

THIRD PERSON POV:

THIRD PERSON POV:

you took a sip out of your soda can and walked into a room labeled room 109. " higuchi, im here? hello? higuchi?" you called out into the empty dark space.

"oh yes y/n ill be right there i just need to find these files....argh!" the lady grunted as she pulled out a metal drawer. she took the drawer and placed it on the table.

higuchi took a seat and looked at you. she pulled out some old papers regarding your information. " you been an executive for a long time, im disappointed in you that you got yourself demoted." higuchi said. you didn't know what to say back so you started to bite at your nails as a distraction.

"however, your papers look good, i cannot deny you must have lots of experience." you lowered and you nodded your head thanking her compliment.

you were suddenly cursed when one of higuchi's assistants brought in your new papers right on time. the ones mori had probably typed up, if people saw you didn't have aggressive history they might question mori's claims.

you had a sudden urge to quickly snatch the papers from the innocent man just doing his job and rip them in the trash before higuchi could get to them. still, even if you did that, it would raise a great amount of suspicion. with all that in mind, you stayed in your seat as higuchi read the papers.

she suddenly looked shocked when she got to the part of the report about your "history". " you were responsible for for suzuki's disappearance? and ishiis? and- y/n all these people were such nice co workers! what reason could you have for doing this?"  she questioned.

*ishii and suzuki are not canon, but made up names*

mori is framing me for his dirty work as well. as a matter of fact, i never even met suzuki.  higuchi doesn't know that though, she looks really upset. you thought inside your head.

higuchi got up and looked down on you. " no way! i can't let you near my boss, you don't even deserve to work under him if you kill people important to the mafia!" she exclaimed soon enough.

that's when you realized that if you keep mentally fighting reality, things are only going to get worse.  reality is that some manipulative person is always going to make lies about you whether it be friends, people at work or your greatest enemy. their goal is for you to get caught up in all the false remarks they tell.

im not going to let this or anything anyone else says about me bother me at all. in fact, im going to embrace it as a part of me. that will show you, mori. make all the lies about me that you want, i do not care anymore.

your reflexes quickly caught higuchis hand coming down at you in anger. you quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her in so you could embrace her in a hug. " sadly, humans lose their humanity in positions of power. what you said made me think to humble myself for my actions, so i couldn't thank you enough. i don't remember much, but i still feel bad. i want to become a better person and i know both you and akutagawa can teach me how to be better. i will keep trying to earn your forgiveness through my position here. i am so incredibly sorry." you vowed to the woman.

higuchi stiffened but finally relaxed to hug you back. not because she forgave you, but because she felt like she got too caught up in anger to someone that was trying to make it up to her.  plus, it could be true you didn't even remember.

honestly, some people might think you made all of that up to kiss ass, but you seriously meant it all. you couldn't remember anything these people were saying you did and you were truly sorry for the pain she was going through.

after the hug, both of you heard a sound beep from her walky talky.

" y/n you need to let me go, we have a mission!"