Part 3 Chapter 3 : Contact

10 months later,

Principalities of Qua Toyne, City of Qua Toyne,

Lotus garden,

government meetings,

At the end of a routine government meeting, Prime Minister Tanaka expressed his concern about the emergence of a new monster in Qua Toyne. The monster reportedly started appearing 10 months ago. At that time, many people denied the existence of monsters as mere imaginations, but as time passed, more and more people saw the monsters, and the people and government began to look closely at reports of monster appearances.

The monster was reported to be roughly the same height as a human or an elf. But the monster neither walked nor flew, but hovered. There was one red eye on the monster, so many people thought it was a Cyclops monster. It was shaped like a jellyfish with many tentacles at the bottom. The tentacles seem to act like hands, like an octopus. But unlike the octopus, which uses its tentacles by wrapping them around it, the new monster's tentacles have some sort of manipulator at the ends of their tentacles, and it seems that the manipulators differ in shape and function for each tentacle.

From various reports that are sometimes contradictory, several conclusions can be drawn. The new monsters could move pretty fast, but not as fast as big birds like wyverns. But it seemed the monster's skin was thick enough because if someone shot arrows at it, it would not penetrate, and when the arrow hit, it made a metallic sound, like an arrow hitting a metal shield. It also seems that the monster has a wyvern-like weapon and emits a kind of hot ball, although not as big as a wyvern, but has similar damage to a wyvern and has a higher rate of fire than a wyvern.

Fortunately, the monster seems to have a shy nature even though it is actually quite strong. It was seen that the monster always avoided humans, elves, or all intelligent creatures. Several times, people tried to catch the monster, but always failed because the monster was agile enough to avoid the chase of the monster catchers.

According to intelligence agency representative Qua Toyne, further explained that, according to intelligence searches, the creature also appears in the Kingdom of Quira and the Kingdom of Rowlia. Even the Kingdom of Rowlia accused the Kingdom of Quira and the Principality of Qua Toyne of being behind the monster's appearance.

It is also reported that there is increased activity in the area north of the Principality of Qua Toyne. Even though that area should have nothing there and the sea is quite fierce. Apparently, they often found ships or flying objects there. Prime Minister Tanaka was quite worried about the report because there could be military activity from the Palpadia superpower in the area. That's because there are intelligence reports that there is cooperation between Palpadia and the Kingdom of Rowlia, although this is still uncertain.

The meeting then decided to order Qua Toyne's army to try to capture the monster and also to strengthen patrols in Qua Toyne's main area.

---oOo---

North of Qua Toyne, near Maihark.

Kuo Toyne Task Force 3, part of the 2nd Fleet

The number of ships: 5.

On a clear morning, the 5 ships of the Qua Toyne navy carried out a patrol ordered by the Qua Toyne leader to observe and investigate the activities that were widely reported in the northern part of Qua Toyne. The five ships moved quite fast and did a search pattern to look for suspicious things. They don't forget to make sure continuous communication is carried out to the naval base in Meihark through a magic communication device to report every movement and every observation made. The five ships are capital ships of the Principality of Qua Toyne navy and are equipped with magic cannons and various other weapons. The ship's speed can reach a standard of 11 knots with the appropriate wind direction and a high speed of 16 knots using the tear of the wind regardless of the wind direction.