Part 7 Chapter 18

Mu Empire, Otenheit.
La Mu's private office.

La Mu was meeting with the prime minister and one of his military advisors to discuss the progress of the war with Gra Valkas.

"Sire, we are beginning to reach a stalemate in the border battle. The progress of our troops to enter and suppress the Gra Valkas troops is slower than yesterday. However, this is to be expected as the Gra Valkas troops have ample supplies, and the more they are pressed, the higher their density will be compared to the territory they control. We are currently strengthening the defense line behind them in the corridor created by field army A, B, and C so that the Gra Valkas troops cannot penetrate the corridor." The military advisor said.

"Is there no other way to speed up the movement of our troops?" asked La Mu.

"We have also started moving our combat vehicles, especially armored cars, along the borders and corridors created by field armies A, B, and C. The report we just received shows that we are starting to regain momentum to suppress their forces." The military advisor said.

"We are non-stop moving our military vehicles to the border by all means—trains, large vehicles, or they are walking themselves to the border. For armored cars that use ordinary wheels, it is easy to drive to the border on their own. But for tanks, it is a bit difficult because the chains will wear out faster when used at high speeds. Therefore, for now, most of the combat vehicles fighting at the border are armored cars." The prime minister said.

"It's okay, our armored cars have enough firepower to knock out Gra Valkas' tanks anyway," said La Mu.

"That's right, your highness. Their tanks have very thin armor protection. The Gra Valkas troops on the border seem to be running out of combat vehicles because our Marin fighters have destroyed them," said the prime minister.

"I would also like to report that we have begun the assault using the armored vehicles that have been at the border since this morning. Although we have received preliminary reports on the success of our attack, it is too early to know whether our armored vehicle attack has succeeded in breaking the stalemate on the battlefield or not," said the military advisor.

"Very good. We hope they will surrender soon so that we can continue the next phase." said La Mu.

"Right, your highness." The prime minister replied.

"Then what about the preparations for our amphibious operation and 'Firecracker' operation?" asked La Mu.

"Report, Your Majesty. Our aircraft carriers and escort ships are currently gathered at point Z, and we are still waiting for the arrival of the first group of resupply ships that will accompany them. Meanwhile, preparations for the amphibious assault are almost complete. A number of ships have started sailing escorted by the combat elements we have prepared." The military advisor replied.

La Mu asked if there are any Gra Valkas submarines that could interfere with these two operations.

"Although we cannot be 100% sure, at this time we have sent many destroyers and patrol ships to the area where the two groups are traveling and sterilizing from enemy submarines. Currently, we have destroyed eight enemy submarines, no enemy submarine has managed to escape," said the military advisor.

"Very good. But make sure again that there are no Gra Valkas ships, especially submarines, that can interfere with the two groups. This is our biggest bet right now. Almost 70% of our capital ships are in those 2 groups," said La Mu.

"Yes, Your Highness," said the military advisor.

"It seems that conducting two operations simultaneously has a good, unexpected side effect. Our preparations to conduct this highly visible amphibious operation completely concealed the 'Firecracker' operation. We expect that we can achieve a surprise attack effect on the target from the 'Firecracker' operation," said the prime minister.