Part 5 Chapter 37

Capital of Palpadia Empire, Esthirant,
9.45am.

Although it was still early in the morning, the capital of the Palpadia Empire, Esthirant, was already very busy. Partly because of its daily activities, but mostly because of the Myto Empire's attack on Esthirant. Many horse-drawn carriages were coming in and out of Esthirant. The trains entering Esthirant were usually empty, while the ones leaving Esthirant were all full, mostly with goods. The trains traveled as fast as conditions allowed.

Above Esthirant, nearly 300 wyverns patrol to secure the capital. In addition, there were 80 more wyverns patrolling around Esthirant, mainly towards the ocean, in groups of 4 wyverns. The patrol reached almost 20 km toward the sea from the mainland.

A patrol group suddenly noticed many unidentified flying objects heading towards Esthirant. They immediately reported to central command. They were ordered to identify the flying objects. They therefore flew directly towards them. 2 of them attempted to contact the flying objects, requesting identification of the flying objects via manacomm, while the other two were reporting to central command in real time. Central Command also monitored the manacomm signals from both sides.

When they were only 3km away from each other, it appeared that the flying objects were completely unknown flying machines. But the wyvern raiders had received a briefing on the approximate shape of the Myto Empire's flying machines, and the objects were similar to those described in the briefing. They immediately reported to central command.
There were dozens of flying objects heading towards Esthirant. They were moving at high speed. The wyvern raider estimated the speed to be above 500 km/h. Some of the flying objects broke away from the formation and approached the four wyverns of the Palpadia Empire.

Just seconds after separating from the formation, the flying objects released a steady stream of very small balls of light towards the Palpadia Empire's wyverns. The Palpadia Empire's wyverns tried to dodge, but the maneuverability of the flying objects was far superior to that of the wyvern lords, so it only took less than 3 seconds before the stream of balls of light hit the wyverns and caused the wyverns to be shredded into bloodied pulp. However, the two wyvern riders who were communicating with central command told them that the flying machines were hostile and must belong to the Myto Empire.

The Myto Empire's attack was less than 20 km away from Esthirant...
.
.
.
Esthirant Military Central Command
Esthirant Military Central Command is located in the same building as the central command for the entire Palpadia Empire military. It was located in a bunker on the outskirts of Esthirant city, under a residential area for the poor that was deliberately built by the Palpadia Empire government to cover the existence of the central command, but the entrance was in the government complex area in the center of the city and also in the royal palace.

Currently Alde, the supreme leader of the Palpadia Empire military, was in the Esthirant Military's central command room. He had just been informed of the defeat of all the areas attacked by Myto by the Palpadia Empire Central Command, which was 20 meters away from Esthirant Central Command. If Esthirant fell, then the enemy had 10 footholds to invade the Palpadia Empire.

Reports came in showing the ineffectiveness of the Palpadia Empire's wyvern lords against the Myto Empire's flying machines. The same goes for the Palpadia Empire's ships. No casualties had yet been incurred on the opposing side, indicating the ineffectiveness of the Palpadia Empire's hardware and militaries against the Myto Empire. Therefore, Alde had instructed the 2nd Palpadia Empire Defense Fleet to be cautious, reduce casualties on the Palpadia Empire side as much as possible, and buy time for the evacuation from Esthirant. Alde realized that there was no way the Palpadia Empire could effectively fight against the Myto Empire.