Part 7 Chapter 11

Mu Empire, Otenheit
La Mu Office.
10 a.m. the next day.

Like the previous day, La Mu held a meeting to discuss the progress of the war with Gra Valkas. La Mu holds meetings twice a day so that he has enough information about the battles that occur.

"How is the progress of the battle today?" asked La Mu.

"Report, your highness. Our troops at the border have successfully repelled the enemy troops. In general, we have entered the entire border for about 10 kilometers. The troops on the border have also increased to 10 divisions, with 2 divisions in reserve near the border. Field Army A and B troops have begun to rotate to conduct link-ups. It is expected that today afternoon or tomorrow at the latest, the encirclement will be completed. 2 additional divisions for each field army have been successfully dispatched and entered to secure the rear of Field Army A and B, a total of 4 mechanized infantry divisions. We are in the process of reinforcing the rear of both field armies so that the encirclement cannot be broken." The representative of the army said.

"Is there no reaction from the enemy forces?" asked La Mu.

"Strengely no, sire. It seems that the enemy is unfamiliar with or unwary of this kind of warfare tactic, blitzkrieg, and large-scale encirclement." The army representative said.

"Good, what about casualties on our side?" asked La Mu.

"As of now, the casualties remain very light, 183 dead and 415 wounded. We have deployed about 200,000 troops, we are still trying to increase the troops to reach 300,000 people." The army representative said.

"Very good. What about the air force?" asked La Mu.

"Report your honor. Currently, we have fully utilized the two airfields owned by Gra Valkas in Laifor. We have conducted sorties for bombing and interdiction all the way to Laifor's capital, Laiforia. It now appears that we have control of almost all of Laifor. Our bombers have neutralized nearly 30 airfields in Laifor. We do not have the ability to attack the northern part of Laifor; it is too far for our fighters." The air force representative said.

"Oh, what about the fuel and ammunition at the two airfields?" asked La Mu.

"Fortunately, we found that the fuel depots at the airfields are in full condition, so our prediction is that they can be used for up to a week or more. We brought the ammunition using our military DC-4." The air force representative said.

"Casualties on our side?" asked La Mu.

"To date, 27 F1s and 36 Marins have been shot down. Of those, we managed to rescue 32 pilots. We are still trying to rescue the rest of the pilots who might still be alive." The air force representative said.

"Very good. How about the navy?" asked La Mu.

"We managed to sink a total of 87 ships, including 4 submarines, 14 destroyers, and 3 cruisers. We managed to make the seas around Leifor sterile from Gra Valkas ships. But, of course, that couldn't last for long. When the Gra Valkas can deploy their ships, we will be overwhelmed. That's why we have concentrated 50% of our naval forces near and around Leifor." The navy representative said. "For now, there are no casualties on our side."

"That's really good news. What about our request to the Myto Empire?" La Mu asked the prime minister.

"Myto Empire has already acknowledged our request. We were given the design of an easy-to-manufacture propeller airplane that uses wooden materials. The fighter can be made in our wood industry, so it won't interfere much with our aircraft industry. We will also be given a strategic bomber in a few weeks and a multirole fighter capable of exceeding the speed of sound. We have emphasized that time is of the essence, and the Myto Empire will also make those planes as quickly as possible." The prime minister said.