Part 6 Chapter 9

Terminus Island

Near Yogyakarta

The Floating Ship of the Heavens was already a little over 100 km from the city of Yogyakarta on Terminus Island. In accordance with the instructions from Mu Empire, they began contacting the airfield in the city, Maguwo.

"Maguwo, this is The Floating Ship of the Heavens from HME, please respond." Said the pilot of The Floating Ship of the Heavens through the magic communicator.

After repeating twice, the speaker of the magic communicator read, "This is Maguwo spaceport, we read you clear. Please correct your heading to 013. A team of escort airspeeders is taking off to meet you."

"Space port? We thought Maguwo was an airport." Said the pilot

"Yes, The Floating Ship of the Heavens, there is an airport inside the Maguwo Space Port complex." Said the voice from the communication system speaker.

"Roger, we will follow your instructions." The pilot said.

"I will inform the passengers," said the co-pilot as he stood up and headed for the cockpit door.

Upon arrival in the passenger lounge, the copilot informed the passengers of the situation.

"Gentlemen, we are approaching our destination city, Yogyakarta. We have successfully contacted the airport there and they have provided guidance for landing. They have also sent an escort for us." The copilot said

"Very good. They acted very professionally welcoming us as the most advanced country in Elysia. After their wyvern arrives, lower the speed of the plane to be able to adjust to the speed of their wyvern." Phiam said

"I apologize sir, we are frankly a bit confused by the terms they gave. They didn't send a wyvern, but sent an 'airspeeder' to escort us. Also when contacting their airport, Maguwo, they referred to Maguwo as a spaceport not an airport." The copilot said.

"Hmm, is this 'airspeeder' what they call a fighter? I got news that Mu Empire started selling its fighter planes. Maybe Myto Empire bought some fighters from Mu." Rydorka said.

"Hmm, I heard that too. Maybe that's what happened. It's also their way of paying more respect to us by sending their best equipment." Phiam said.

Many nodded in agreement, but some disagreed including Rydorka.

"Then, why do they call their airport a spaceport?" asked a young diplomat.

"Perhaps they consider the mixture between an airfield for wyverns and airplanes to be an airfield for space." said Phiam with a feeling of doubt.

"No sir, they claim that the airport is inside the spaceport." The copilot said.

"Well, we'll see. Why do they call it that. There are only a few minutes left to get to Yogyakarta. Make sure you tell us the runway length requirements of The Floating Ship of the Heavens." Phiam said.

"Yes, sir." The copilot said

"Oh, please have the sound of your conversation with the airport piped to the speakers in the cabin. Let us hear it." Phiam ordered.

"Yes sir" said the copilot while returning to the cockpit.

.

.

.

A few minutes later.

"The Floating Ship of the Heavens, The Floating Ship of the Heavens, please advise, we are your two escorts. We will be arriving in a few seconds from 005." Said someone from the cabin speaker connected to the aircraft's communication system.