Chapter two

"Jas, I need help!" Ophelia called out to her husband. "My backpack is stuck." She said when he got to her. "Can you get it for me? I need to check on Luna." The shorter girl asked the blond. He nodded and ripped her backpack out of the car with awe in his eyes as he watched her skip to their shared room.

"Hi baby!" The vampire cooed at her cat as she walked in. The cat got up from its bed and stretched its legs out to help it wake up. Esme walked in her daughter's bedroom.

"How was school?" She asked, petting the cat. Her adoptive daughter looked at her and shrugged. She responded with "it was normal" and Esme took it. The mother nodded and stopped petting the cat. She walked out of the room and closed the door on her way out which let Ophelia change into more comfortable clothes.

༒༒༒༒༒༒

The next day, Lia put her book down as well as getting out of the bed to get dressed for school. Jasper kissed her cheek and got up too. He was out all night hunting.

"Edward. You going to drive yourself?" Ophelia asked her brother. He glared at her. "The fu-" Esme gave her a look. "The heck, did I do? You on your man period or something?"

Carlisle was getting into his car and he snickered looking back at his kids before getting into his black Mercedes. The vampire looked out the window and blew a kiss to his wife before driving off to his work.

"Shut up Ophelia." He elbowed her a bit to hard and she toppled over falling into her mate's arms. He growled at Edward then kissed his wife's head. "I'm going to Alaska." He blatantly said.

The others looked at one another. "What?" Rose asked with her eyebrows raised. "You can't be serious." She yelled at him.

Edward said nothing and got into his car. The Cullens shrugged not knowing what to do in that situation. When Edward decides something, not much can be done to stop him or change his mind.

Ophelia grabbed her backpack and followed her siblings out to school.

- - - ❦- - -

It's been almost two weeks since Edward left and the family of eight were worried. No phone calls. No letters. No e-mails. No evidence that he's okay. They were sure he was but they had every right to worry for their family member.

On the first day of his absence, while heading up the steps to their school, Jasper and Ophelia looked back at Bella who was leaning on the hood of her car reading a book and listening to music.

A couple of days go by and Bella looked puzzled. Almost as if she was suspecting something. None of them knew what she could possibly think of to explain it. Bella wasn't the smartest as they could tell.

It's been three more days after the last time they looked at Bella. Edward was back though. The Cullens didn't know what to think about it. Rosalie did, however.

"You know, if you spend more time with her you can risk the whole clan. Our safety and secrets will get spread out and the volturi could kill us."

Alice looked at the blonde and changed her glance to her lap. "We would've seen it though." Gesturing to biological sister.

"You two don't see everything Alice!" Rose rolled her golden eyes.

"That's pretty important. She would've seen it. And yes I do. That's what makes Alice and I's gifts different." Ophelia voiced.

Edward had enough. "I thought you guys wanted me back?! I'm back aren't I?"

Esme frowned. Did he really come back because he had to? Did he not love them like they did him?

"It's fine. Everything is fine." Carlisle assured his children. He wrapped his arm around Esme's waist then kissed her cheek.

Edward came out of the biology class with Bella. Lia and Jasper were walking out of history, Jasper a bit shaken up.

"What's wrong with him?" Alice asked her blood related sister.

"We're in the civil war section."