Chapter thirty six

Jasper and Ophelia had been looking around the forests on California for his old friends, Charlotte and Peter. The two were hoping they would help their family.

After a few days of looking, they found a trail of blood. Human blood. So they assumed it was them and they were right. Charlotte and Peter had been hunting around in Californian land as they are nomadic vampires who hunt and live wherever.

So now there they are, back in the Cullen's home where a lot of other vampires resided for the past few days and will be for a couple more.

After the last few days, more vampires had arrived at the house. Two being from the Amazon, Zafrina and Senna. Zafrina had a gift. She could make people see what she wanted them to.

Another vampire by the name of Alastair had been brought over with Carlisle and Esme. They had also brought Benjamin and his family.

Rose and Emmet had found Garret who was now at the home now too.

Jasper and Peter had began to converse when they heard Eleazar say, "You didn't tell me your wife was a shield."

"What's a shield?" Bella asked, looking at the older vampire then to her husband.

"The one's I've met are so different." Edward mumbled, glancing at his wife.

"It's a defensive talent " Eleazar answered the brunette.

"It's why I couldn't read your mind even before.
It's why Aro couldn't." Edward explained to the newborn, finally understanding.

"You have a very powerful gift." Eleazar complimented.

Kate walked up to her and quickly put her hand onto Bella's, using her electric gift on the girl.
Bella didn't even wince. "Oh, yeah. She's a shield alright. That should have put her on her ass."

Garret smirked, "Or your voltage has been exaggerated." Kate turned to face him and held out her hand, wiggling her fingers towards the man.

"Maybe it only works on the weak." She taunted.

Garret slowly reached out with his finger in the direction of her palm.

"Garret, I wouldn't." Carlisle tried to warn, but Garret ignored him and touched Kate's hand, ending up on his knees.

When Garret finally recovered from the shock, he looked up from his spot on the ground, an impressed expression falling on his features. "You are an incredible woman."

Kate smiled at him.

The satisfying moment got cut short when they all picked up on the sounds of heavy pants and quick feet. Suddenly, two vampires, both fairly short, one with white-blonde hair and one with black hair. Both with bright red eyes.

"Vladimir, Stefan. You're a long way from home." Carlisle said.

"We heard of the Volturi were moving against you, but that you would not stand alone." Vladimir spoke, his accent thick.

"We didn't do what we were accused of!" Carlisle told them.

Vladimir rolled his eyes. "We do not care what you did, Carlisle."

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged." Stefan spit.

"It is not our plan to fight the Volturi." Carlisle told the two Romanian vampires.

"Shame, Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed." Vladimir said with a sarcastic sigh.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar spoke up.

"Oh, still hoping they'll listen?"

Jasper grasped Ophelia's hand in comfort.

This is all so much to handle. And without her sister, she's even more stressed.

 And without her sister, she's even more stressed