Chapter fifteen

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Bella asked shakily.

"Well I didn't think you'd be apposed to grand theft auto." Alice responded. The vampire was wearing red gloves, grey sweater, a scarf, and some black pants.

"Not today." Bella responded, still a bit shaken up from the reckless driving Alice had put them in.

Alice's eyes fogged over. She had a vison of Edward walking to the Volturi kings to ask for an execution for himself but they refused him.

"What? What did you see?" Bella stared holes into the side of Alice's head.

"They refused him..." she responded with her eyes on the road again.

Bella blankly stared at her. "So?..."

Ophelia butted in. "So he's going to make a scene. Show himself to the humans." The human's eyes widened.

"No?- what-"

"He's going to wait until noon. When the sun is at its highest." Alice warned her. Alice pushed her foot on the pedal even more.

"Alice, you need to hurry up!"

~~~

Ophelia and Alice broke into the castle doors. The two took off their sunglasses at the same time. "Come on guys," Ophelia started. "It's a festival."

"Wouldn't want to make a scene..." Alice finished. Felix grinned at the two women.

"We wouldn't."

"Enough." Said another voice. It was a blonde with smoky eyeshadow contrasting with her blood red eyes and blonde hair.

"Jane." Edward mumbled.

"Aro sent me to see what was taking so long."she looked at everyone then slowly turned and walked the other way. The all followed after the blonde as she walked down the dark hallway.

Bella looked to the girls besides her. "Just do as she says." They said in unison to the human.

When they all got to the elevator it was very awkward. Opera music was playing and everyone sent glances to the other in the weird atmosphere.

"Sister, we send you to get one and you bring back three, and a half." Her brother, Alec, noticed. "Such a clever girl." He praised.

"What a happy surprise!" Aro said as he rose from his throne. "Bella is alive after all. Isn't. That. Wonderful..."

He walked up to the group of vampires and made a motion to move so he could get a look at Bella. The creepy vampire king moved to Edward and held out his hand.

"Her blood appeals to you so much." He took a glimpse at Bella and licked his lips. "Makes me thirsty. How can you stand to be so close to her?"

"It's not without difficulty." Replied Edward plainly.

"I can see that." Aro chuckled.

Ophelia leaned to whisper in Bella's ear. "He can read anything anyone's ever thought or seen by one touch."

"And now you know everything." Edward snapped quietly. "So get on with it."

Aro made a snark reply. "You're quite a soul reader yourself, Edward. Oh. But you can't read Bella's thoughts?" His eyes flickered between the two. "Fascinating." Stepping back, he let go of the bronze haired vampire.

Ophelia and Alice watched as Aro tried to read her mind. When he couldn't his eyes widened as he looked up at her from his bent down position. "Interesting. I see nothing."

Bella went back to her lover's side as Aro walked back to his throne. "I wonder- let us see if she is amine to all our powers." He turned to the young looking blonde. "Jane?"

"No!" Edward went to run but Jane looked him in the eyes.

"Pain."

He was then thrashing around in pain. "Stop!" Bella cried out. "Stop! Please stop!-" one of the guards ran to Bella to contain her while Alice and Ophelia bent down to comfort the pained Edward.

"Just stop hurting him. Please. Please!" The human begged.

"Jane."

"Yes master?" She asked as she tore her eyes away from Edward, causing him to stop flinching and twitching.

"Go ahead my dear." Aro told Jane.

The blonde looked to Bella who was readying herself. "This may hurt just a little." She taunted.

James smirk faded as she saw Bella was not getting affected by her powers. Aro let out a laugh. "Remarkable! She confounds us all. So. What do we do with you now?"

Marcus spoke from his throne. "We already know what you're about to do, my lord."

"She knows to much." Caius agrees. "She's a liability."

Aro sighed at this. "That's true." After a few moments he spoke again. "Felix." Before anyone could do anything, Edward flipped Bella over behind him.

"No."

A fight began. Felix threw Edward across the room. The girls wanted to help but they were restrained. Two more guards came out from the dark to get Edward. When Felix was about to decapitate him, Bella screamed.

"No, no. Please. PLEASE!" She grabbed and yanked her hair in frustration. "Kill me. Kill me. Not him." Aro gave her a blank stare in return.

"How extraordinary. You would give up your life. For someone like us. Vampires. A soulless monster."

Edward, who was in a chokehold, managed to get out a "get away from her" from his position.

"You don't know a thing about a soul." Bella told the oldest vampire. He said nothing as he stared at the girl.

"If only it were your intention to give her immortality." Aro inched closer to the human.

"Wait!" Ophelia called out. "Bella will be one of us. We've seen it." She motioned between herself and her sister. "I'll change her myself."

Aro said nothing, he only held out his hand for her to take. She moved away from the guard who held her tightly and gave him her hand.

"Mesmerizing. To see what you have seen. Before it has happened." He let go of her hand then moved to Bella again. "Your gift will make quite an intriguing immortal. Isabel."