Chapter twenty five

"Edward?" Bella asked her boyfriend who was driving her home. "Why do you hide things from me all the time?"

Edward turned to her. "I don't." He lied.

"See. Right there. You gaslight me. I just want to be aware of what is happening around me. Please stop lying to me."

Edward shook his head and looked at the road once more.

~•❧•~

It was the day of the fight and Ophelia was very nervous. "Jas?" She asked her husband. "Everything will be okay, right?"

He looked to his wife. "Yes. We will win against the fight. Everything will be fine." She still looked unsure. "I promise."

As he gently reassured her, he softly pet her head to comfort her. Her head was on his shoulder as he did so. Alice was outside of the door, she didn't want to break up the beautiful moment but the newborn army would be arriving any minute.

"It's time." Alice said in the doorway with a soft sigh.

The family stood in the middle of the field watching and waiting for the new borns to appear. The wolves were in the trees waiting as well. The sound of running filled the Cullen's ears. It was time to fight.

Newborns ran out from the woods at the Cullens. The werewolves run out as well to help. Ophelia went after them and so did the others.

A newborn got hold of Ophelia and squeezed her torso but she was able to get the upper hand and destroy the newborn.

Jasper out slaying some other young vampires along with the rest of the family. Tearing torsos, heads, shoulders, and legs. Wolves fighting the oncoming ones as the Cullens fought the ones in the field.

Carlisle and Esme found a small newborn. When she turned she had to only been fourteen. All but the one newborn were killed.

Alice quietly muttered to herself, "they're coming." Which caught everyone's attention.

Edward and Bella had just joined them again, "How long?" Edward asked.

"A few minutes. Maybe ten?" Alice answered.

"The pack needs to leave." Carlisle spoke up.
"The Volturi won't honor our truce with the werewolves." The wolves looked to the leader of the clan and to each other before leaving.

Leah and Jacob were still there while the other wolf members were in the woods lingering when suddenly a stray newborn popped out from behind a rock.

"Leah, don't!" Edward shouted to the only female wolf. Lia looked over mistaking the call for herself when she saw what was happening. She tried to run over but Jacob beat her to it.

The wolf and vampire wrestled a bit before the newborn got behind the werewolf and squeezed his back, breaking some ribs. The wolves that were in the forest ran out and dismembered the newborn.

Carlisle ran over to the boy who was clutching his arm and ribs. "Jacob." He paused. Edward snuck in a little reassurance.

"Hold on, Carlisle will take care of you."

"His bones are shattered completely on the right side of his body." Carlisle says.

Leah ran out to snap at Jacob. "Jacob, you idiot, I had it!"

"Leah!" Sam scolded as he kneeled down beside the injured teen.

The pack picked him up from the ground and carried him away.

"We'll take him back to Billy's." Sam told him.

"I'll be there as soon as i can." The doctor replied.

"They're coming." Alice warned. The family went back to a group with the only remaining newborn behind them next to Jasper and Ophelia.

Jane, Alec, Felix, and Demetri all appeared in front of them, once they stopped they all dramatically pulled down their hoods.

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault at this magnitude in tact." Said Jane with a snotty attitude.

"We were lucky." Carlisle replied.

"I doubt that." Jane responded with narrow eyes.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight."
Alec spoke from beside his sister.

"Yes," Jane agreed. "it's not often we're rendered unnecessary."

Annoyed, Edward commented, "If you would've arrived a half hour ago you  would've fulfilled your purpose."

Jane looked him dead in the eyes with no expression. "Pity." She looked around until she saw a peculiar sight. "You missed one." The blonde said, referring to the newborn behind them all.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender." Carlisle said from beside Esme.

"That wasn't yours to offer." Jane sneered.
Her eyes then fell on the girl. "Why did you come?" The girl suddenly let out screams of pain. "Who created you?"

"You don't need to do that." Esme said with a frown. "She'll tell you anything you want to know.

Jane stopped then looked to the woman with a slight smirk tugging at her lips. "I know."

"I don't know!" Bree cried. "Riley wouldn't tell us. He said our thoughts weren't safe." She panted.

"Her name was Victoria," Edward spoke up, grabbing Jane's attention. "Perhaps you knew her."

"Edward." Carlisle softly silenced him. "If the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would've stopped her. Isn't that right, Jane?"

"Of course." Jane agreed. "Felix." Felix stepped forward to get to the little girl but was interrupted.

Esme cried out, "She didn't know what she was doing! We'll take responsibility for her."

"Give her a chance." Ophelia begged, speaking for the first time since they got there.

"The Volturi don't give second chances." Jane told them then looked over at Bella then Edward. "Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know she's still human."

"The date is set." Bella told the vampire.

The red eyed vampire gave a slight nod. "Take care of that, Felix. I'd like to go home."

Felix stepped forward, without interference, and walked through the family to get to the newborn. She let out cry of agony before her neck was snapped then was tossed into the fire where the other newborns were being burned up.

I can't write fight scenes as you can tell
Here's the fight fit

I can't write fight scenes as you can tellHere's the fight fit