Chapter thirteen

Jasper was out hunting, not only to get his hunger under control but to get his mind off things. Ophelia wanted to go with him but he didn't. He wanted to be alone. Even though he's been alone for the whole time they've been there.

Ophelia was waiting on the porch for him, for her love, to come back home. Patiently, she did so. Jasper was starving so he wouldn't be back for a while, and she knew that, however she also knew she wouldn't have to worry. Just because he's gone for a while doesn't mean anything had happened to him.

It took about thirty minutes for him to even find a animal. She could hear the yelps of pain once he found prey. She was going to ignore it for now. She head back inside.

--✰--

For about an hour, Jasper was out hunting. He got two deers and and a hare. Once he was satisfied with what he got, he head back home. He was dreading it as he walked back to the cabin. He wished they would forget what happened so he wouldn't have to talk about it.

When he arrived nobody questioned him. They gave him warm smiles. Alice was on the couch eager for him to come back home. Rose was pacing around the room, sure she was upset with him for ignoring them but he couldn't blame him. And she missed him.

Esme didn't know what to do or say to make her children feel better, especially Jasper. Carlisle didn't either. With Edward gone, no job, jasper being distant, the birthday incident, and the lack of visions his twin daughters have not had lately, he's been worried. For everyone's mental state and health including his own.

Ophelia sat in their shared bedroom with her cat in her lap. Jasper was standing in the corner of the room on the left.

"They forgive you, you know." She waited for a response from her husband but he didn't say anything. "No one blames you. Even Edward. He doesn't blame you, he blames himself."

"Well he should blame me!" He snapped with his southern drawl. "What I did," he paused and swallowed the lump in his throat, "was almost as bad as what I did with Maria." He stiffened when he said her name and so did Fe-Fe.

"No. What you did with Maria is worse, by a lot. But you don't have to be like that again. You have us. You have me. Please, for the love of everything this world of ours has to offer, forgive yourself."

Jasper looked down at his mate. His eyes watered when he saw the pain in his love's eyes. He's hurt her. He vowed he'd never do that. Without sparing a second, he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I'm sorry." He whimpered.

"It's okay, my love. It's okay."

Sorry this chapter is so short, I'm losing motivation. :(
Here's her outfit tho ❤️

 :(Here's her outfit tho ❤️