Chapter forty

The snow was sticking. The Cullens and their friends made their way to the open area behind their house. Edward was in front with Renesme and Bella. Behind him were the Denali's and Garret. "If we live through this," the latter said, "I'll follow you anywhere woman."

Kate, the one he was talking to, replied, "now you tell me?" They smirked but it only lasted short seconds as they were to face Aro.

Esme and Carlisle, Rosalie and Emmet, and Ophelia and Jasper were all holding hands. For all they knew it could end badly. This could be their last moments together.

"The red coats are coming, the red coats are coming." Garret started to mutter.

Everyone looked ahead of them to see the Volturi members making their way to the Cullens. "Aro's looking for Alice." Edward said after he read his mind. Irina could be seen behind Aro and his brothers. Kate and Tanya stiffened. Wolves howled as they came out from behind the snow covered trees.

The wolves walked between the vampires and they all stood high. The Volturi took their hoods off and Carlisle stepped forward. "Aro, let's discuss things as we used to. Civil."

"Fair words Carlisle, a little out of place given the battalion you have assembled against us." Aro hissed.

"I can promise you, it was never my intent." Carlisle, ever so kindly, replied. "No laws have been broken."

"We see the child!" Caius said disbelievingly. "Do not treat us as fools!"

"She is not an immortal!" Carlisle exclaimed. "These witnesses can attest to that." He motioned to his friends and family behind him. "You can look. See the flesh of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!-" Caius started to yell, only to be cut off by Aro.

"I will collect every facet of the truth... from someone more central of the story. Edward. As the child clings to your newborn mate. I assume you are involved?" Aro mockingly asked, almost tauntingly.

Edward have sentimental looks to his child and wife before walking towards the Volturi. Bella tried to expand her field to him but he had gone too far. Aro took his hand. As he looked through his memories he laughed a bit. Once he let go, Edward snatched his hand back.

"I'd like to meet her." The leader of the Volturi said with a calm demeanor. Edward glared but nonetheless motioned for Jacob to bring Bella and Renesme up. Emmet came along too as he was the strongest vampire.

Once they had gone up Aro looked the girls up and down. "Ahhh... young Bella. Immortality becomes you." The newborn glared at him. Aro then looked down at the child and let out a sinister laugh. "I hear her strange heart."

Bella and Edward looked at their daughter. She walked up to Aro calmly. "Hello Aro." She said. The man had his hand outstretched but Renesme put her hand to his cheek. She showed her memories to him.

"Magnifico..." he stepped back from the small family. "Half mortal. Have immortal. All considered and carried by this newborn... while she was still human."

"Impossible." Caius yet again spoke. Aro immediately turned around.

"You think they've fooled me, brother?"

Jacob growled before going back with the three vampires.

"Being the informer forward." The blonde Volturi member called. A few members walked Irina up to him. The said vampire looked to her sisters who were clutching each other in worry. "Is that the child you saw?"

"I- I'm not sure." She stuttered.

"Jane..."

"She's changed! This child has gotten bigger!.." Irina knew her undead life was over. You could tell she knew by the look in her eyes.

"Then your allegations were false?" Caius asked, already knowing the answer.

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake." She looked to her family. "I'm sorry."

One of the members lit a torch for Cauis. Edward had noticed this and immediately stepped forward. "CAUIS NO!"

But it was too late, two other members broke her arms off, tossing them onto her limp body. One of the other Volturi members walked up and twisted her head off. Caius then lit the body on fire. Bella placed Renesme onto jacobs back just in case everything went badly from there.

"IRINA!" Both sisters screamed. Tanya and Kate ran for them, but a few of the men ran to get them. Eleazar went to stop Kate however he fell to his knees because she electrocuted him with her abilities. She kept on running. Tanya however had gotten grabbed by Emmet and Eleazar. Garret got hold of Kate who just let her powers free. Garret yelled in pain but still held on as he didn't want anything to happen to her.

"Blind them." Ophelia begged Zafrina.

"Give me my sight back!" Tanya ordered.

"Tanya, if we attack now they'll get what they want and we'll all get destroyed." Edward reasoned. The three men let go and the sisters stayed in place.

Suddenly, as Edward was walking back to his wife and daughter, he fell to the snowy ground. Jane had used her powers. Bella then used her own to create a field to keep everyone safe. Jane looked at everyone but with Bella's forcefield in the way she couldn't get them.

Alex went to use his powers but Aro stopped him. "Aro, you see no law has been broken here." Carlisle said.

"Agreed." The man said. "But does it then follow... that there is no danger?" Aro turned to his brothers and sister. "For the first time in history, humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology gave birth to weapons that could destroy us. No longer do we have our maintained secret. Only the know is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing about what this child could become. Can we live in such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow."

The crowd of human-eating vampires began to mutter 'no' to one another.

Ophelia felt a presence. A familiar and safe one. Alice. Her sister and Sabrina were back!

Aro gasped.

"Alice." Edward read.

"Alice." Aro completed.

Ophelia's sister walked past her to the Volturi.

"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here." Aro greeted with ill intent. "You made it here after all."

"I have evidence the child won't be a danger to our kind." She said. "Here. Let me show you." She held out her cold hand to his own. Aro took hold of it...

DUN DUN DUN cliffhangerrrr!!!
And leave the fit alone, she wanted to look good 🖐️ 🙄
Anywhoooo only a few more chapter left you guysss.