Chapter thirty-nine

It had been two days and everyone was sat in the Cullen's backyard. A fire was lit, everybody sitting around it. Garret was telling stories about all the wars he's been in. "Name any American battle and I was there."

"Little Big Horn." Jacob tried.

"I came this close to biting Custer, but the Indians caught him first." Garret responded. Kate appeared beside of Garret with a small smirk on her face.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople, he didn't win that one on his own "

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years War. No one does rebellion like the Irish." Liam, the leader of the Irish coven, started to say.

"You lost the Eleven Years War." Garret pointed out with a confused face.

"Aye, but it was one hell of a rebellion." Liam responded.

Soon, Vladimir and Stefan entered the conversation and Vladimir was the one to start about their war. "When we ruled everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seekers. Such was our power, but we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints."

"We were honest about what we were." Stefan added.

"We sat still for a very long time, we didn't notice we were beginning to petrify."

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles." Stefan continued.

"We've been waiting fifteen hundred years to return that favor."

After a few minutes, everyone began to disperse, but Ophelia and Jasper were cuddled together, still by the fire Benjamin started. Despite the circumstances the two looked content and happy with their surroundings.

"How could they be ok right now?" Garret asked Kate. Before she could answer, Rosalie did.

"They aren't."

"Then why are they looking so happy right now?" He asked.

"They aren't just mates. They're soulmates." Rosalie smiled as she talked about her adopted siblings whom she loved dearly.

Esme, who was behind her, butted in. "Not only that, she's the love of his life."

"