Chapter seven

"I don't get why we have to help her. I mean like, yeah she is with Edward and everything, but she could get us killed, you know? Don't get me wrong, she seems nice. She puts us in danger." Sabrina ranted while holding Luna in her arms.

"She's family now." Esme responded.

"I get that, I do. But why do we have to protect her?"

"Because she's a weak little human." Rosalie chuckled. Esme gave her a sharp look. The sound of a door opening interrupted the conversation. "It's Laurent."

"I'm going to stay up here. He freaked me out..." Ophelia told them.

The group listened in on the discussion instead of going down. "I'm here to warn you..."

"What?" Ophelia questioned. The others continued to listen to the nomad.

"...don't underestimate her." The house's front door opened and the footsteps of the old vampire left the building.

"Let's go to the garage and ready to hunt down James." That seemed to the family's idea too because when the little gang of vampire women walked in, so were the others.

Carlisle walked in with Edward and Bella holding some of her sweaters. The doctor handed them to his son and walked faster with Jasper and Emmet.

"I've had to fight our kind before. It's hard to kill them, but not impossible." Jasper told Carlisle and Emmet.

"We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces!" Emmet responded with a smirk.

Carlisle frowned at the situation. "I don't relish hurting another creature. Even a sadistic one like James."

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked with attitude. Carlisle ignored her and kept gathering things for Bella's bag.

"We're gonna run Bella's scent south. Can you take the tracker away from here?" Edward asked, holding onto Bella for dear life.

"No way." Said the doctor "Bella, he'll follow you."

Alice volunteered for her mate and her sister along her own mate to come with her to take Bella to a safer place. "I'll keep her safe edward." She promised.

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward asked coldly.

"Yes." the pixie stated, taking Bella's arm and setting her into the car.

Edward took the sweaters from out of the bag. He passed them out to Esme and Rose. "Rosalie, Esme, can you put these on so the tracker will pick up the scent?" He pleaded.

Rosalie caught the jacket and set it aside. "Why? What is she to me?"

Carlisle stopped what he was doing to look at his daughter. "Rosalie, she's with Edward. She's family now. And we protect your family." He grabbed the sweater then held it out for her to take it. After awhile she did.

Edward walked to the car and talked to Bella. Afterward the cars sped away. Bella called her mom so she knew what was going on. "Hey mom it's me again. Your phone must've died or something. I'm not in Forks, but everything's okay and I'll explain everything when we get back later."

Outside of the car, Edward, Rose, and Emmet ran around marking trees with Bella's scent coming from the sweater Rose had put on.

"Rose mark the tree!" She rubbed her shoulder on the tree and took a whiff. "That's good, let's go!"

At the hotel, Alice gasped. She got a vision. Sabrina went to her side immediately. "What? What did you see?" She grabbed her girlfriend's hand.

"The tracker. He's off course."

"Where'd they take him Alice?" She asked her, worry prominent in her tone of voice.

"Mirrors. A room full of mirrors."

Ophelia got a pencil and paper and set the pencil in her cold hand. Immediately, she started sketching out the place she was seeing.

"Edward said that Alice's visions were never certain."

Ophelia explained her visions compared to her sister's so the human would understand. "Alice sees visions of the future based off of decisions, I see the definite future. For her, if the decision changes the vision changes."

"Okay... so now it's off it going to lead him to a ballet studio?" She inquired with obvious confusion.

"You've been here?" Alice looked straight into the girl's eyes. So did everyone else.

"I took lessons as a kid. The school j went to had an arch just like that." She pointed to the arched doorway in the drawing.

Jasper spoke up. "Was your school here in Phoenix?"

"Yeah I-" her phone rang so she went to another room to answer.

꧁❦꧂

"Where did she go? Oh god, Edward is going to kill us. We lost her!" Ophelia shrieked

"Well we'll find her it's fine." Jasper handed her a bag. "Take this, let's go."

"Ok. You're right. It'll be fine. Ok. Ok." She grabbed the bag but right when she did, she instantly went into a vision."

"Fe-Fe!"

Bella screaming in pain. Glass shards bursting out to the floor. A bite mark. Pants are heard. So are screams and grunts. Blood filled her vision. A bed in the hospital room, Bella on it with a vitals monitor next to her on a small table.

She went out of the vision and gasped. "It's Bella. She's going to get hurt!"

"Call Edward. He needs to know." Sabrina reasoned.

"Right."

She dialed his number into her phone to which he instantly picked up.

"Edward. It's Bella."