Chapter fourty-two

"...Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course." Alice sneered.

"We cannot alter our course. The child still poses a grave threat." Caius tried, wanting to fight the Cullen's and their friends.

"But what if you were sure she could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?" Carlisle called.

"Of course. But that cannot be known." Caius snapped.

"Actually, it can." Edward smiled as he read Alice's mind.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own," started Alice, "among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil."

"We have enough witnesses!" Caius yelled once again.

Aro turned and held his hand up to silence him, "Let him speak, brother."

The half-blood, Nahuel, spoke. "I am half human, half vampire. Like the child. A vampire seduced my mother who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen," he paused as he motioned toward the woman beside him, "raised me as her own. I made her immortal."

"How old are you?" Bella asked as she glanced from her daughter to him.

"150 years." He answered.

Around then asked a question, "At what age did you reach maturity?"

"I became full-grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then."

"Your diet?" Aro continued.

"Blood, human food. I can survive on either."

"These children are much like us." Marcus let out.

"Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves. Our natural enemies-" Cauis couldn't seem to shut up, Aro needing to keep interrupting him.

"Dear ones... there is no danger here. We will not fight today." The kings and their followers soon fled but before Aro did, he whispered, "such a prize."

The vampires from Pensilvania came up to Carlisle angrily. "We have them on the run, now is the time to attack." 

"Not today." Carlisle answered calmly.

"You're all fools! The Volturi might be gone. But they will never forgive what happened here."

The Cullen's just smiled at them and all hugged, happy they were all safe and together. Vladimir and Stefan ran off with anger but the Cullen's paid them no mind as they were just happy to be safe.

One more chapter guys :(