Chapter sixteen

This is gonna be a shorty. Sorry guysss

"You all know what I want. A-and I know how much I'm asking for. The only thing that I can think of for it to be fair is to just vote."

"You don't know what you're talking about."
Edward shook his head at his girlfriend. She turned her head to him.

"Shu-shut up." She hushed. "Alice?" The small girl hopped over to Bella and gave her a hug.

"I already consider you a sister." When she pulled away she smiled. "Yes." The human smiled at the vampire then faced the others.

"I vote yes." Jasper voiced. "It would be nice to not want to kill you all the time." He halfheartedly smiled at her. Next to him was Ophelia and Rosalie. Rose spoke up first, it was painful for her to be there.

''I'm sorry." She spoke. "I'm really sorry to both of you for how I've acted. And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother, but this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself. And I wish there had been someone to vote no for me. So, no." She held a broken look on her face. Ophelia let go of her husband's arm and instead held Rosalie's.

"I vote hell yeah." Emmett said while stepping forward and picking up Bella, spinning her around. He placed her back down before he said, "We can pick a fight with these Volturi some other day!"

"I already consider you a part of the family. Yes." Esme gave Bella her signature motherly smile. Carlisle then stepped forward so he could be beside Bella as he gave his vote.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Edward asked his adoptive father. "You know what this means."

Carlisle bobbed his head, "You've chosen not to live without her, which leaves me no choice. I won't lose my son." Everyone knew that whatever Carlisle says is final.

Bella then looked to Ophelia. "Lia?"

Ophelia looked to Edward for a split second. Thinking the word "sorry" as she did so. He huffed. "I vote yes. I like having you around. I don't like how my husband is in pain around you though." The vampires let out some laughs and Jasper stiffened. Ophelia went on her toes and gave him a peck on the cheek which loosened him up.