Chapter thirty

Luna was in Bella's lap, the soon to be mom petting her gently. As she was laid down, the family watched over her. Waiting for anything to happen.

Jacob walked in, needing to discuss something with the family. "Sam's lost the element of surprise and he doesn't wanna take you on outnumbered. So he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

Sighing, Emmet spoke up. "He won't get through without a fight."

Carlisle turned his head to look at Emmet, shaking his head slightly. "No fights. We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void. At least in Sam's mind."
Jacob told him.

"Not in ours." Esme said with a frown.

"Carlisle, no one's hunted for weeks." Ophelia spoke up.

"Well make do." Esme told her daughter.

"You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you." Carlisle said with the nod of his head.
Jacob nodded in response. Before getting up and walking out of the home, he looked at Bella who was on the brink of sleep.

✧✵ꨄ✵✧

Jacob was back but Bella was asleep so he really had nothing to do but watch over her. Esme looked at him then to Rosalie.

"Rosalie, why don't you get Jacob something from the kitchen?" She suggested.

"Thanks, but no thanks." Jacob said. 'I'd rather not eat something with blondie's spit in it"

"She would never embarrass me in such a lack of hospitality." Esme reassured. "Right?"

"Of course not." Rosalie responded as she placed the magazine down and got up to get Jacob his food.

"You'd tell me if she poisoned it, right?" Jacob asked, looking at Edward. The vampire smirked in amusement.

"He broke another one of her ribs." Edward said after he had heard a crack.

Rosalie had come back in. She placed the bowl in front of Jacob, a smirk on her face. "Enjoy, mongrel. And don't make such a big deal out of it. Even normal human babies have been known to crack ribs."

As Rosalie was walking away, Jacob looked down at the bowl and picked it up. He took a bite of the hotdog then took the bowl before tossing it and hitting Rosalie in the head with it. This of course resulted in a fit of laughter. Rosalie turned as a snarl fell on her face.

"You got food in my hair!" She yelled. Jacob sat back down on the arm of the couch as the three continued their laughter. Rosalie scoffed before leaving the room, heels clicking on the wooden floor.

✧✵ꨄ✵✧

"You cold?" Edward asked as Bella tried to pull down the sleeve of her sweater. Bella nodded as a response.

"I got it." Jacob said then close to the girl and hugging her so that she was getting warmth from his body. Bella smiled at the boy and Jacob shook his head. "Don't do that."

"What?" The brunette asked quietly.

"Smile like I'm your favorite person in the world." Jacob answered.

"You're one of them." Bella mumbled. "It feels complete when you're here, Jake."

Jacob sighed.

Ophelia would be lying if she said she didn't feel bad for Jacob. She could see that he was deeply in love with her. As sad as it was, she wanted her brother to be happy. That's more important than Jacob.

Bella sat up like she was going to throw up again, but instead just dry heaved. Edward, who was holding a bucket for her to throw up in, looked inside and sighed.

"We need to find a way to get food in her system." Esme said from her spot in the couch.

"If I could only see the fetus-" Alice started just for Rosalie to correct her.

"The baby."

Alice glanced at the blonde then continued. "Maybe I could see what it wants."

There was a moment of silence before
Edward spoke up. "I think you might be right. Jacob just had an idea."

"It wasn't idea. It was a snide comment." Jacob said smirking.

"What were you thinking?" Carlisle asked, his arms crossed over his chest and back straightened.

"That it's probably looking for someone to sink its teeth into." Jacob had a smirk on his face. Bella let out a short gasp before looking up at her husband.

"He's thirsty."

"I know the feeling." Emmett muttered hunched over in his chair.

"If it's craving, it's not going to want animal blood." Edward said, looking up at Carlisle worried.

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella." Carlisle said before entering the kitchen. Jasper's pupils got smaller. Ophelia noticed this.

"Walk with me?" He took her hands immediately and the two went outside for a walk.

"Are you ok, my love?" She asked her husband.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Yeah."