Chapter twenty four

TW!!

"We were born into a middle-class home in Biloxi Mississippi. Our father was a jeweler and a pearl trader, while our mother tended to our small home because father often traveled. Alice was prone to having premonitions of the future since she was a child, though they weren't always correct. I did too, but only if I touch something or someone."

"Though we rarely spoke of our powers, people in town talked a lot during our years as children. On two occasions, Alice had tried to warn a friend and a cousin with her unfortunate predictions, but they refused to listen and when the predictions came true, she was blamed for cursing them, earning her the epithets of "witch" from the townsfolk. I tried to explain but they wouldn't listen."

Alice butted in. "I had a horrifying vision of our mother being murdered by a stranger and tried to warn mother about it. Though she believed me, father did not. After months of precautions with nothing serious happening, mother put her guard down, and was eventually killed. While I had seen it happen and tried to explain that it was murder, our mother's death was declared accidental, and father silenced me." Sabrina walked over after she heard her girlfriend nervous.

"Only six months after mother's death, our father remarried a blonde. Our stepmother treated us coldly while making a pet of Ophelia more than me. I suspected that the marriage and her mother's murder were all planned and carried out by our stepmother. Our father raged at me for suggesting this of his new wife. I then had a vision of father and mother's killer planning to kill her, revealing the true face of father. Ophelia then rushed to the town's marshal, but father was already one step ahead of her. He told the townsfolk that I had gone mad, and had me trapped in a mental asylum two counties away."

"I was broken." Ophelia stated. "I didn't k is what to do without her." Jasper started to rub her back. Bella was crying. "She also endured electroshock therapy which restored her naturally cheerful and humorous self. Carlisle, who worked at the asylum, befriended Alice and treated her like a daughter. I was stuck with father who would beat me if i said anything about Alice. Carlisle shielded Alice from other horrifying treatments as best as he was able, she was taken care of at least. That's all that mattered to me."

Bella was full on sobbing at this point.

"One day, Alice had a vision of James coming after her, which occurred the moment he caught her faint scent. She informed Carlisle of this, and he planned to escape with her, but Alice still saw James catching up to her, and every option he offered her ended the same way. When he decided to change her, Alice saw that this would be very close, and they might not have enough time. The vampire immediately bit her, took her away and went to distract James, sacrificing himself in the process. When James finally found her, her blood was already fully turned and he decided to let her live a savaged existence to see how she might turn out in the future. When she woke up, the pain of the venom erased all of her memories, just like the shocking treatments did. But her premonitions were also intensified and her first vision was of me becoming her mate and of a happy future with the Cullen family." Said Sabrina. That was the most Bella had ever heard her speak."

Bella wiped her eyes and Alice went over to her to hug her. "What happened to Ophelia? How'd she change?" The human then looked to said girl.

"I sent letters to Alice. My scent was on the papers. James could smell me on Alice since she had touched them. Carlisle had changed everyone in our family. But Jasper. And me." With that, Ophelia walked away.

At first Jasper was going to follow after her but Alice and Sabrina beat him to it. Bella looked to her feet.

"Wha-what happened to her?" She asked Jasper.

He sighed. "When James wasn't able to get Alice he went after Ophelia instead. Alice got a vision of him chasing her too but she and Carlisle were too late. By the time they got there, James was stood over a writhing Ophelia." If he could cry, he would be sobbing right now. "Carlisle took her in. A few years later she found me at a nice Diner. That was when I first felt love. It wasn't ever Maria. It was always Ophelia."

Sad backstory time! Don't forget to vote. Sorry if I made you sad btw. No outfit, it's the same as last chapter's