Chapter eighteen

Edward is off with Bella in Florida visiting her mom and her husband Phil. They've been gone for a few weeks, so when they came back and went to school. The drama started up again. That cheered Ophelia up.

Ophelia was stood with Alice and Sabrina. Alice didn't want to listen in but the other two girls did. They found it entertaining.

"Hey." Bella greets.

"Charlie said you left town," Jacob responded.

"Yeah... to visit my mom. Why?"

"He's checking to see if you're still human."
Edward says with a smirk which made Jacob give him an even bigger glare.

"I'm here to warn you." Jacob states, looking at Edward. "If your kind come on our land again."

"Wait, what?"

As the three vampire listened in, Ophelia couldn't help but laugh. Edward was so going to get a talking to.

"You didn't tell her?" Jacob asked, looking at Edward.

"Just leave it alone, Jacob." Edward tries. Bella interrupted them.

"Tell me what?"

Edward answered with a very vague response. "Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding. It's nothing to worry about."

"Listen to you. Did you lie to get her out of town too?" Jacob snarled.

"You should leave." Edward says, getting close to Jacob. "Now."

"She has a right to know." Jacob says, not bothered. "She's the one the redhead wants."

"Victoria?" Bella then turned to Edward with realization on her face. "Alice's vision!"

"I was protecting you." Edward defended

"By lying to me." Bella retorted. "Okay, we're going to talk about this, but you. Why haven't you called me back?"

"I had nothing to say."

Ophelia barked out a quick laugh then covered it up with a cough. "Um. That's not funny."

"Well, I have tons, hold on." Bella says as Jacob starts to walk away. Jacob turns his head to look at her while he was getting to his motorcycle.

"Bella." Edward called after her.

"Well, I have tons, hold on." Bella says as Jacob starts to walk away. Jacob turns his head to look at her as he gets closer to his motorcycle.

"Bella!" Edward tried again.

"Edward, you have to trust me."

"I do trust you. It's him I don't trust. " Edward told her. The human still walked over to Jacob's bike and gets on behind him, Jacob smirking as she did so.

⁂🝮⁂

Ophelia was in her room when Jasper came in. "Hey, I'm going to go track someone. Want to come with me?"

She was cuddled up with Luna who had basically become her only source of comfort. Besides her family of course.

"No, I'm gonna stay with this one." Ophelia smiled as she stroked the cat's fur. Jasper nodded with defeat.

"Alright."

⁂🝮⁂

Thirty minutes had passed since Jasper left. Ophelia would be lying if she said she wasn't worried even in the slightest amount.

Alice had come in to let her know Jasper had returned. The two girls made their way downstairs.

"Who is it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked as Jasper made his way up the porch steps, entering the house.

"It's a stranger. I didn't recognize his scent."
Edward responded.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Rosalie dismissed.

"The scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house." Jasper spoke, his southern drawl making an appearance.

"Someone's orchestrating this," Carlisle said.

"Victoria?" Bella suggested from her spot on the couch beside Alice.

Alice shook her head at this. "I would've seen her decide."

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward said.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either." Alice said, shaking her head again. "I've been watching Aro's decisions too."

Carlisle looked at Ophelia. "Ophelia? Have you see anything?"

The girl shook her head. "I can't see things like that. I'd have to touch something or someone."

"Well. We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house."

"Another protection detail?" Rosalie asked with gritted teeth.

"Rose-" Carlisle began.

"No, she's right. I mean you can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder." Bella agreed.

"And for Victoria." Rosalie muttered.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward said, looking at Bella.

"Well, I'm not going to let you starve." Bella shot at him. "And I'm not going to be unprotected. I have..." she trailed off.

"What?" Edward asked.

"She means the wolves." Ophelia told him. And after some arguing, Edward agreed with reluctance.

For several nights, the wolf packs switched shifts with the vampire family.

Here's da fit

Love of his life || J. H. Fanfic || On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara