Chapter ten

Alright baes, it begins hereeeee. This is the party scene. And also, I really didn't expect anyone to read this, so thanks for 200+ readers ❤️

Alice had set up nice decorations. Lots of candles and a few flowers on the table facing the wall. A few fairy lights and streamers were hung neatly in place and a small corner table had some presents stacked on top.

Bella would be coming any moment now, so the Cullens waited downstairs where the party was to be held while Alice was upstairs waiting for the birthday girl. The family all stood patiently, apart from Rosalie, for the girl to make her entrance and celebrate with the family.

Footsteps were heard and there she was, Bella came down in the dress Alice had picked out for her. Sadly she had converse on instead of cute flats or heels. But that just wasn't her style.

"Happy birthday!" Ophelia greeted when the pale human came down the stairs. She just gave her an awkward smile in return. Esme walked up to her, told her happy birthday, and have her a motherly hug. A camera click made Bella flinch away from the mother.

Bella scrunched her eyebrows together at this. Alice shrugged lightly, "I found it in your bag. You mind?" Bella opened her mouth to answer but decided against it shaking her head.

"Dating an older woman, hot." Emmett commented, glancing over at Edward who gave him a look. "What?" Edward shook his head and looked away from him.

"Time for presents!" Alice squealed. Sabrina was stood by the presents, so she grabbed one from the top and handed it to the small vampire.

Sabrina read the name tag on it "Rosalie first?" Alice nodded happily. She grabbed it then appeared in front of Rose.

"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out." The honey haired goddess said bluntly during and after handing her the box.

"Thanks."

Alice stood there uncomfortably in the silence. She glanced at Edward later grabbing his arm to pull him to the small mortal. "Show me the love!" She sang at the couple. She snapped the picture quickly with a smile.

Sabrina walked over with another present. "This one's from Emmet." As she talked, her lip gloss shimmered in the amount of lights that filled the house.

Bella thanked her with a smile afterwards grabbing it. She noticed it was very light so she shook it a bit. No sound. She looked at Emmett with furrowed eyebrows.

"Already installed it in your truck." Emmett beamed. "Finally a decent sound system for that piece of crap-"

"Hey don't, don't hate the truck." Bella told him, shaking her head. Everyone giggled at the interaction.

"Open Esme and Carlisle's." Alice handed an envelope to the girl.

"A little something to brighten your day." Carlisle said with a smile.

"Yes, you've been looking a little pale lately."
Esme finished, giving a glance to her taller husband.

As she opened it she cut her finger. "Ouch," she shrugged it off "paper cut." The droplet of blood fell to the floor. Jasper, who had been silent the whole time, took a deep breath through his nose.

"Jasper-" Ophelia tried but it was too late. He ran towards Bella with great speed which lead Edward to push her back forcefully in glass vases, cutting her even more. Edward slammed his hands against Jasper's chest, throwing him back into the piano. When he landed he smashed it, got back up right away, then went back to the human.

Emmet attempted to grab him but he swerved out of his reach. Carlisle tried to punch him but he ducked. Finally, the two grabbed hold of the snarling and hissing vampire. Ophelia ran over to stand between the blood and her love.

"Jas. Jas. Sh sh. It's okay." She cupped his face in her delicate hands. "It's just a little... blood." She turned around and saw how bad it truly was.

Rosalie walked over to Jasper as did Esme, both very worried for him. Carlisle let go of Jasper and went to Bella's side. She was very bloody, her arms and left leg had cuts. "Take jasper out of here." Rose and Esme took his other arm as the three dragged him out Ophelia whimpered.

"I- I'm sorry I can't." The tall woman backed up and followed the others.