Chapter twenty

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like, astronaut, president or in my case a princess. When we were ten they asked us again we answered, rockstar, cowboy or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer. Well, how about this, who the hell knows! This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love... a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be we won't have to guess, we'll know."

After Jessica's Valedictorian speech, it was time for everyone to get up and grab their diplomas. When Bella grabbed hers, Charlie stood up and started clapping louder.

☾☾☾☾ ☀︎︎ ☽☽☽☽

Giddily, Alice was walking down the stairs at her graduation party when a vision came to her mind. Ophelia was awkwardly talking to a drunk teenage boy who came up to a few minutes ago, she didn't push him away because a) she's too strong and b) she's too nice. But when she noticed her sister with washed over eyes and a blank stare, she excused herself.

"Ally? Are you alright?" She asked when Jasper noticed as well.

"Gather the others, hurry!" She squeaked out.

A few moments later, the Cullens and three of the wolves. Once everyone was there Alice spoke up. "They'll be here in four days."

"This could turn into a blood bath." Carlisle said from where he sat next to Bella.

"Who's behind it?" Edward asked, glancing at the pixie like vampire.

"I didn't see anyone I recognized." She paused. "Maybe one.

"I know his face. He's local. Riley Biers." Edward spoke after reading her mind. "He didn't start this."

"Whoever did is staying out of the action." Alice says.

"Whoever they are must be playing with the blind spots in your vision." Ophelia said.

"Either way, the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town." Jasper speaks.

"Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob asked.
Rosalie rolled her eyes at the clueless wolf, surprised Bella hadn't told him co side ring she loves Jake too.

"Newborns, our kind." Carlisle answers.

A wolf with the name of Embry asked, "What are they after?"

"They were passing around Bella's scent." Alice said. "A red blouse."

"They're after Bella?" Jacob asked. "What the hell does this mean?" Ophelia stared at him. What does he mean by that? It's obvious. She thought.

"It means an ugly fight, with lives lost." Carlisle answered, nicer than Ophelia would've said.

Jacob looked at the vampire before turning his head to look at the others that were with him. He looked back at Carlisle before nodding his head.
"Alright, we're in."

"No. You'd get yourselves killed, no way." Bella said, shaking her head.

"I wasn't asking for permission." Jacob responded.

"Edward." Bella tried. Edward looked at the wolves as he answered her.

"It means more protection for you. " He shrugged. Bella looked defeated.

"Jacob, do you think Sam could agree to a... understanding?" Carlisle looked for words to say.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires."
"Jasper?" Carlisle looked to the blonde. Jasper turned his head to look at Carlisle.

"It'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't even know they exist. It'll give us an edge."

"We'll need to coordinate." Carlisle says, standing up.

"Carlisle, they're going to get hurt." Bella said, standing up as well.

"We'll need some training." Carlisle says.
"Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us."

"Alright." Jacob nodded, stepping closer to the oldest vampire. "Name the time and place."

"Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Bella begged.

"Bella, this is what we do. You should be happy, look at us, we're working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along, remember?" Jacob responded before he and the two other wolves left the room and the party.

Too lazy to proofread :/
Next chapter is the training scene!!! And we get to hear Ophelia backstory along with Alice's. Mostly Alice's.