Chapter 19 : Shadow Clone Jutsu

The following day, Genki was very busy with the counselling of all his students. Fujin was the first one in at 8 am as Genki had set the schedule according to their ranks. Seeing Fujin, Genki's thoughts were, 'This kid has done well. But he is only an orphan. I don't think he has any idea how vast this world is. Even though he ranked first twice consecutively, there is still a lot he needs to do. I need to ensure that he doesn't get arrogant and lose his way.'

Fujin first greeted him, "Good Morning Sensei."

Genki replied, "Good Morning. Congrats on your performance yesterday."

Fujin smiled and replied, "Thank You sensei" and took his seat.

Genki smiled, and then quickly got serious. He said, "So this meeting is in order to review your performance until now and to see what you should do in the vacation and in the next year. Of all the students from this class, I have interacted with you the most, so don't worry and listen to my advice properly. Feel free to ask all your doubts." Fujin nodded.

Genki continued, "Your performance has been very good so far. With you ranking first in both years, that is very obvious. However, in both exams, it was only due to you scoring very well in one exam that you ranked first."

Fujin nodded seriously, while thinking 'I'm not even 8 years old yet! Should you be having such a serious talk with me? Are 8 year olds supposed to understand this?' Genki on the other hand thought, 'The kid didn't get upset? He is more mature than other kids his age.'

Genki continued, "So you will have to put more focus on other areas. Tell me, what do you do after the lecture is over? Also what do you do on weekends?"

Fujin had already guessed that such a question might be asked, though he had thought something like this would have been asked long back! He replied, "Sensei, I mostly study what you taught in class, try to understand it. Then I train on the Ninjutsu you taught us or I do leaf concentration exercise. And before sleeping, I meditate. On the weekends I study a lot and also train on my sensor skills"

What Fujin said was a properly thought out answer he had prepared long back. Showing a major focus at studying would explain why his scores in written exams were so high. The listener would think that he spent most of his time studying. He said that he spent very little time on Ninjutsu, which would justify his slightly lower scores there. While his meditation along with morning exercises would be the reason for the high growth in his chakra levels. The answer also showed that he was a very diligent student.

Genki wasn't surprised with the answer. He had guessed that it'll be something along these lines considering Fujin's performance. He said, "I see. Now let's look at your performance this year. You have done very well in the written exam, chakra control and Taijutsu. However your Ninjutsu needs a lot of work. So over the next 2 months, you should focus on improving the 3 Ninjutsu I taught. Also, even after the 3rd year begins, spend more time on learning Ninjutsu and less time on studying. After all, in the future, when you do missions, it'll be a lot more important than what you read."

Fujin nodded, inwardly surprised, thinking 'That's a first. No adult has ever told me to study less! Especially not a teacher.'

Genki was satisfied with his words being listened to seriously. He had a little gift in order to get Fujin work more on Ninjutsu. He said, "I know that you have asked Lord Hokage for shadow clone jutsu. So do learn it properly, in the future it'll be very helpful. However, I have a little gift for you." Saying this, he put a paper in front of Fujin.

On seeing that paper, Fujin sighed internally, 'I wasted my 100 Ryo!' and then asked curiously, "Sensei, what's this?"

Genki replied, "This is chakra paper. It'll tell you what your chakra nature is. Here pass some of your chakra through it."