Chapter 36 : Senju Renjiro

Renjiro said, "I am Senju Renjiro. I'll be your jounin sensei. Let's start by getting to know each other. So just tell me something about yourself."

Mieko asked, "What should we tell?" On the other hand, Fujin remembered the 'Tell me about yourself' question that used to be asked in interviews in his previous life. Renjiro replied, t

"Tell me about your likes, dislikes, dreams, hobbies and similar stuff."

Fujin then replied, "I am Suzuki Fujin. I like swords and cool jutsus. My hobby is to train and read shinobi history and wars. I dislike the carnage that wars cause. And my Dream is to become a strong ninja in the future so that I could bring peace to the world."

Renjiro stared at Fujin and was very impressed with his 'dream'. Of course, if he knew Fujin's real thoughts, he might have vomited blood. After looking at an impressed Renjiro, Fujin thought, 'Yup, that's exactly what Konoha higher ups would like to hear. I couldn't care less about world peace, but saying that is what will get me in the good books of these guys and could provide me with the opportunity to learn Flying Thunder God jutsu, and also make Hiruzen protect me in case Danzo tries to recruit me. Either way, it's not like I can do anything about world peace right now. So why not just say it, hehe.'

Renjiro then looked at Mieko. She said, "I am Uchiha Mieko. I like cats. I dislike anyone treating me like a small child. My hobby is practicing Ninjutsu and playing with cats. And my dream is to be the strongest Uchiha ever!"

Fujin looked at her and chuckled internally thinking, 'Well you've got 2 years to surpass Madara. RIP'

Renjiro nodded and looked towards Hoka. He said, "I am Hyuga Hoka. I like Taijutsu. I dislike studying. My hobby is to spar with others and my dream is to be the strongest Taijutsu user."

Renjiro nodded and said, "Well congratulations on graduating early. But that doesn't mean that you are Konoha shinobi. You guys will be on probation for 3 months. And after that I'll decide whether you're ready to be a ninja or not."

This announcement had mixed reactions from the 3 genins. Fujin wondered, 'Eh! No test?' After thinking for a bit, he realized 'Ah, they are probably still recovering. That's why there's a probation period instead of a test to check whether we are ready or not.' However, the other 2 kids didn't take the announcement lightly. Mieko impatiently asked, "But why? Didn't we pass the graduation exam?" Hoka took her point further and said, "Yeah, I even defeated everyone in the Taijutsu tournament!"

Renjiro replied, "Graduation exam is the bare minimum you require to be a ninja. Your attitude, temperament, courage, values matter more. And I'll be the one to judge that."

Mieko and Hoka were still unsatisfied and wanted to complain more, but Renjiro didn't give them a chance and announced, "We'll meet tomorrow in training ground 17 at 6 am. I'll check your skills tomorrow. Be on time, I hate tardiness." After saying that, he flickered away. When he left, Fujin thought, 'He didn't say a single thing about himself other than his name.... Heck, I think even Kakashi talked more with his team.'

After he left, Mieko huffed and started to leave without saying anything. Hoka, on the other hand, said goodbye to Fujin and was planning to leave too. Fujin sighed and said, "Oye, wait a minute." This got both their attention. Hoka looked at him without saying anything, whereas Mieko annoyingly asked, "What?"

Fujin replied, "Tomorrow we'll most probably have to fight against sensei as a team. So we need to understand each other's strengths and weaknesses. And we also need to plan how to fight together." Hoka agreed with that and nodded. However Mieko replied smugly, "You two don't need to worry about it. I'll beat him by myself tomorrow."