Chapter 26 : Getting a C rank jutsu

The next day, the fourth year in the academy started. Not having paid any attention to the graduation exam, and wanting to get the information, he decided to go a bit early to the academy.

He reached the class at 7:45 am. On reaching, he saw that 24 kids were already there. And there were 3 new faces. He looked around the class and didn't see Teru, Yori and Nobu in the class. He then went to Hoka, sat besides him and asked, "Morning. What happened in the graduation exam?"

Hoka's mood first soured as he hadn't passed. But on realising, he looked at Fujin in disbelief, "You don't know?"

Fujin shook his head. Hoka continued, "Have you been leaving under a rock?"

Fujin replied, "Nope, just under trees."

Hoka gave him a deadpan expression. Fujin asked again, "Well are you gonna talk today?"

Hoka then showed a sad face and answered, "I failed. Only Teru, Nobu and Yori passed."

Fujin, having expected that, nodded.

He then asked about what happened in exams. Hoka gave the summary of what all happened. Despite already knowing the possibility, he sighed at the fact that those 3 could perform rank C jutsu. He thought, 'Sigh, I guess being in a top clan or being backed by a crazy old fellow has its benefits.'

Fujin then asked whether those 3 formed a Genin squad. However Hoka replied, "No, Teru and Yori were placed together in a squad with someone a year older. No idea where Nobu went but I haven't heard about him after the exam."

Fujin thought, 'I see. I guess Danzo inducted him into the root. Though I am surprised that he didn't take Nobu when he was 3-4 years old itself.'

He then asked, "So what's up with the 3 new guys?"

Hoka dismissively replied, "No idea"

Seeing Hoka unconcerned about the new guys, Fujin thought, 'Uh... He isn't the right guy to ask this. He is very aloof if it doesn't involve Taijutsu. But this much information is enough. I wonder if I could use this info to get a few C rank jutsus from Genki.'

After the talk, Fujin decided to continue sitting there for the rest of the day. While he didn't make much of a relationship with his classmates, due to constant spars, his relationship with Hoka and Teru was better than others.

Surprisingly, today, Genki didn't enter the class alone, but was also accompanied by an old man. When he entered, everyone stood up and greeted him, as he was the headmaster of the academy.

One entering, he first made some small talk. Then he started talking of Will of Fire. And finally, he asked the students to try to graduate this year.

Fujin was quite surprised with this. He only had one thought, 'Wow they are really desperate!'

After he left, Fujin thought, 'I guess not participating this year is not an option. Then again, I have learnt most of the things I can. Only Genjutsu and learning swords are left. And the 2nd book of Fuinjutsu is still left. Still, if they are this desperate, I might actually have a shot at chakra swords!'

After that, the headmaster introduced the 3 new kids. He said, "Since 3 of your classmates have already become Genin, we have transferred 3 students from other divisions to your class. So be friends with them."

The 3 kids introduced themselves to the class. They were the top 3 among the remaining 400 students of their year. Some students were happy to have new classmates, some felt like they didn't need anyone else to join in, so the reaction was mixed.

Fujin's thoughts were, 'I see, so in this way, they ensure that the other students don't become too pressured due to few of their classmates becoming genins. The 3 kids will ensure that the absence of the ones who graduated isn't always felt, but they will still serve as a benchmark for the rest. Also, the new kids in this class will have to work much harder, if they keep up, they'll become quite strong in the future. It's a pretty smart move!'