Chapter 172 - Jashin!

[A/N : Hey guys. This chapter is Sponsored by Mattison Brown. You can thank him for the double release.]

7 people exited the cave. All had weird symbols on their faces and wore robes. One of them said, "We need to find around 175 children to complete the ritual. If we don't bring them here in time, then Zankoku sama will skin us alive!"

Another said, "But how can we do that? All villages in this country are on high alert. It's impossible to kidnap more of them."

The man standing in the center said, "In that case, we just need to go to the neighbouring countries and kidnap 175 children before they become alert."

However, the other members weren't entirely convinced. They said, "But reverse summoning over long distances will need a lot more chakra. It will be very difficult."

However, the man insisted, "There is no other way. We will kidnap children from the Land of Waterfall. We will focus on the villages close to the border area. So the distance won't be much larger."

As they were discussing, Fujin's mind was busy analyzing as well, 'Though I don't recall Hidan's tattoos well, their tattoos make me think of the marks that would appear on Hidan after he licked someone's blood. Safe to say that these guys are followers of Jashin. But, what the heck are they doing here? Wasn't Hidan from the Land of Hot Water?

Also, why do they already have those marks? Aren't they useless unless they stand in that diagram made from blood?

No, I don't think these guys are as strong as Hidan. Otherwise, their group would be too strong. I guess that they have just made the tattoos manually and they don't have the same mastery of whatever this craft is as Hidan.

Still, why are there so many Jashin followers? I thought Hidan was the only one. Or perhaps one of very few. That said, except for the one in the center, their chakra seems quite low. So I guess they just got wiped out before Hidan completed his ritual. Perhaps in this mission itself.

Another point to consider is, wasn't Konoha completely unaware of the existence of Jashin? Shouldn't this mission have made them aware of the existence of Jashin or at least his followers and their rituals? So did they not report this mission accurately or will Konoha be aware of them?'

Fujin thought for a bit and concluded, 'No, a religion that engages in kidnapping and sacrificing staying secret for so long in a world full of ninjas is unlikely. It's more probable that all 5 villages are aware of them. Just that either they didn't consider Jashin to be much of a threat or Jashinists managed to hide or escape from them.

There is also the matter of Orochimaru. He is exploring ways to attain immortality. So did he also experiment with Jashin? Hmm, that's one research I'd like to see. After all, though Hidan was weak, there wouldn't be any ninja who wouldn't want his survivability. Though Orochimaru left the Akatsuki before Hidan joined it, he should still be aware of Jashins. At the very least, he should become aware of them after Hidan joins the Akatsuki.

Oh well, I will consider this later. There is no point in thinking about this for now.'

As he was analyzing, Fujin saw them talk. Unfortunately, the distance between them was too high. So he couldn't hear anything. However, the same wasn't the case with his teammates. Each one of them understood the entire conversation by reading their lips. Shunko and Mieko frowned. Anger could be seen on their faces.

Shunko asked softly, "Can we kill them, Uncle?"

Akihiko replied, "Not yet. The kids should be alive. Our main mission is to ensure that the kidnapped kids are safe. Don't attack anyone impulsively."

Shunko nodded unwillingly.

Akihiko said, "The tents have 17 people. They are probably from this group. In addition to these 7, there are 20 more patrolling around the village and the mountain. However, my Sharingans can't observe any chakra inside the mountain. It looks like they have a seal master."