Chapter 113 : Stingy Sensei

After practicing, Fujin's Shadow clone needed just two seconds to explode after making the decision to self-destruct. The efficiency of using all of the clone's chakra for the explosion also increased. Each explosion now formed a crater of 3 meters radius and 10 cm depth.

Renjiro said, "That's good enough. Don't exhaust your chakra anymore."

Fujin nodded and stopped practicing. Renjiro said, "Shadow Clone Explosion jutsu is relatively easy to learn. The difficult part of this jutsu is learning Shadow clones. So don't expect to learn any other rank A jutsu in a day."

Fujin nodded. He thought, 'Yeah, this jutsu was just too easy to learn! Though practicing it will be tougher due to the crazy rate at which it burns chakra.'

Renjiro said, "Another important aspect is the amount of chakra you pour into your clones. While practicing, you kept the amount of chakra in your shadow clones to the minimum. However, if you create a clone with a lot of chakra, that explosion will be much stronger."

Fujin nodded. Renjiro added, "However, don't experiment with it for the time being. We will be leaving for a rank A mission on the day after tomorrow. So no more ninjutsu practice. Your chakra reserves need to be at full."

Fujin nodded while thinking, 'Rank A mission… I wonder if it will be as easy as the previous one.'

Renjiro said, "I will go and inform Hoka and Mieko as well. Meet us outside the Hokage's building at 6 AM the day after tomorrow."

Renjiro was about to flicker, when Fujin said, "Wait Sensei!"
Renjiro waited and looked at Fujin.
Fujin said, "Sensei, is there a Wind Clone Explosion jutsu? Just like Shadow Clone Explosion jutsu?"

Renjiro nodded, fully anticipating what Fujin would ask next. Fujin asked, "Could you teach me that jutsu as well, Sensei? Or give me the scroll to learn that jutsu from?"

Renjiro smiled and replied, "Your reward was just one Rank A jutsu. If you want that jutsu, then become a jounin immediately."

Fujin gave him a deadpan look. It was well known that Konoha was very stingy when it came to promoting Chunins to Jounins. Even someone like Itachi, who was strong enough to annihilate the entire Uchiha clan, was officially only a chunin when he left the village!

[A/N : I always thought he became Jounin before being selected into Anbu. Kinda surprised when I read that he was never promoted to Jounin despite being an Anbu captain.]

So Fujin didn't expect to even be considered for a Jounin promotion for a few years.

He complained, "Come on! Don't be stingy, Sensei! My Wind clones are even better than me at Wind Instantaneous Body jutsu! And I can already imagine the destruction they could cause with the combination of Wind Instantaneous Body jutsu and Wind Clone Explosion jutsu!"

Renjiro chuckled and replied, "It's not me being stingy. As a teacher, it's my job to motivate my students. Wind Clone Explosion jutsu is my way to motivate you to become a Jounin soon. So don't slack off and become a Jounin quickly."

On saying that, he flickered away, not giving Fujin any chance to argue back.

Fujin was dumbfounded seeing his Sensei just run away! He grumbled, "Such a lousy excuse! He could have just given it to me and dangled an S rank jutsu to motivate me. Besides, the principles of the jutsu should be similar to Shadow Clone Explosion jutsu. So I should be able to make this jutsu myself. After all, no hand signs are needed."

Renjiro laughed after leaving. He thought, 'That brat always manages to get his way when asking for new jutsus or techniques. He needs to be given a few setbacks, or else he would just begin knocking on everyone's doors and asking them to give him their jutsus!