Chapter 148 : Be Careful of Explosions

Yasuoka, Tadao and Kaneie moved quietly. They began from one edge of the base. They silently entered a hut, killed everyone in it, and moved on to the next hut.

They were quite successful and kept killing in this manner. It continued until one of the bandits who was moving towards the hut noticed something entering it very quickly. He quickly moved towards the hut.

Tadao, who was killing the ones inside the hut, noticed a bandit coming in. He killed everyone and waited inside the hut to kill the incoming bandit. But, the bandit never entered the hut. Instead, he stopped around 10 meters away from it.

Tadao frowned, 'If he doesn't come in quickly, then the smell of the blood will spread!'

Tadao lost his patience and ran outside towards the bandit. The bandit noticed and screamed, "INTRUD..."
Tadao cut his neck before he could finish. Unfortunately, that yell alerted everyone.

However, they weren't worried. They had already killed over half the bandits. All three immediately hid behind the huts. They waited for the bandits to rush out.

The scream had made all bandits rush out. Kaii was displeased at being disturbed. He left his tent grumpily.

As soon as the bandits exited the huts, they were ambushed. Another 10 bandits were killed.

Fujin thought, 'Not bad, these guys are neat. Anyways, there don't seem to be any traps here. Is it just a brainless rogue ninja?'

The remaining bandits were terrified. They prepared themselves for a fight.

Kaii screamed, "Konoha scums! Die!"

He immediately made a move towards Yasuoka. Yasuoka's eyes widened as he noticed that Kaii had chakra! He immediately made hand signs.
'Water Release : Fish Spit Jutsu'

Yasuoka spat a jet of water at Kaii. However, Kaii scoffed, "Water release? Worthless!"

He made hand signs as well.
'Lightning Release : Lightning Bolt Jutsu'

He extended his finger towards the incoming jet of water. A small bolt of Lightning was released through his finger. It hit the jet of the water and travelled through it to Yasuoka.

Yasuoka didn't expect it. The lightning hit him and shocked him. Though it didn't injure him critically, it made moving harder. And in combat, this alone was fatal!

Kaii smirked at seeing the terror on Yasuoka's face. He grabbed a kunai and ran towards Yasuoka. Tadao and Kaneie noticed it as well and got very worried! They immediately killed the bandits in their path and moved towards Yasuoka. Unfortunately, they were too far away!

Yasuoka's life flashed in front of his eyes as he saw Kaii approaching him. He barely managed to grab a kunai and raise it, but his movements were very slow.

Kaii began swinging his kunai at Yasuoka when a Vacuum Bullet hit his forehead and pierced through it. His body was thrown behind by a couple of meters due to the momentum of the vacuum bullet.

Yasuoka, who had almost given up on his life, was stunned. So were Tadao, Kaneie and the bandits. The bandits immediately began running.

Fujin had been sensing continuously but didn't find anyone else. So he decided to make a move. After all, losing a ninja on his first mission as a team leader won't look good.

Tadao and Kaneie exchanged glances and thought, 'Didn't he say that he only knew a bit of Wind nature manipulation?'

Fujin, who was still alert, suddenly became very serious! He made a hand sign and yelled, "MOVE BACK!"