Chapter 78 : The Chunin Exam - Second Phase

While waiting, everyone observed each other.

Fujin noticed that there were 3 other teams from Konoha, 1 from Hidden Rain, 1 from Hidden Sand, and 2 from Hidden Mist. He didn't recognize any of those 21 ninjas.

He wondered, 'Isn't Kiri in the midst of a civil war? Can they still send ninjas to participate in such an event?'

He wondered for a bit before dismissing it, 'Oh well, doesn't matter. Anyways, the 4th Mizukage won't show up.'

On remembering the 4th Mizukage, he suddenly had a hilarious thought, 'I wonder if Naruto's talk-no-jutsu can end Genjutsu, hahaha. Or even better, if he used his Talk-no-jutsu on someone who is controlled by Genjutsu, will his talk-no-jutsu affect the one who cast the Genjutsu?'

[A/N : One shot idea if anyone's interested :-) ]

Seeing Fujin smile, Mieko asked, "Why are you smiling?" Fujin shook his head and answered, "It's nothing, ignore it."

Fujin then tried to sense the chakra levels of the remaining 21 ninjas. Soon he concluded, 'Alright, no one seems abnormal. Only 1 guy from Kiri has a rather large chakra reserve. But even that is less than half of my own. Others are barely at chunin levels.'

Everyone tried similarly analyzing their competitors.

At 9:45, a smoke bomb exploded in the front part of the room, attracting everyone's attention. The smoke slowly began clearing out. Soon, we heard a very loud bark.

When the smoke was cleared, a large dog could be seen. It was looking aggressively at the genins. However, none were intimated. Behind the dog, Tsume Inuzuka was standing.

She observed the room and muttered softly, "Only 8 teams. I knew it was a terrible idea to make that ass a Proctor!"

She looked at all the genins and announced loudly, "I'm Tsume Inuzuka, the Proctor for the 2nd phase of the Chunin Exam. Follow me and Kuromaru."

All the genins followed her. She led them across Konoha, to Training Ground 44.

She announced loudly, "The 2nd phase of your exams will be conducted in the Forty-Fourth training ground." She smirked, "This training ground is also known as the Forest of Death."

This put the genins on alert. At the same time, they also wondered, 'Why is she yelling all the time?'

She continued, "Before I explain to you the details and the rules of the 2nd phase, you have to sign these consent forms!"

A genin asked, "What are we consenting to?"

She grinned and replied creepily, "Your deaths!"

This unnerved the genins. She continued, "Death is a common occurrence in this training ground. That is why it is called the Forest of Death! You may be killed by the wild beasts in the forests, or your competitors.

By signing this form, you state that you are voluntarily participating in this exam, and injuries or death caused in this training ground have nothing to do with Konoha, and Konoha won't be held responsible."

A chunin under her then distributed the forms. She said, "You have to enter your name, signature, and fingerprint in the form. If you are a scaredy cat, then don't sign. You and your team will be disqualified!"

Hearing this, some genins were excited, while some were worried. Fujin, Hoka, and Mieko didn't react.

Everyone signed the consent forms without much delay and submitted them.

After verifying all the consent forms, Tsume began announcing the details of the exam, "I'll now explain the details to you.

Every team will be given a scroll. Four teams will be given a Heaven scroll, while the remaining teams will be given an Earth Scroll.