Chapter 121 : Sneak Attacks

After half an hour, Chou and Masuyo suddenly got alert. Hundreds of small needle-like spikes suddenly began forming on the cave walls. Understanding the danger, they both immediately made hand signs.
'Water Sphere Barrier jutsu'

Immediately, two layers of water dome barrier surrounded them. The outer layer was formed by Chou while the inner layer was formed by Masuyo. Some water also flowed on the ground inside the dome. Hundreds of rock needles rained on the two barriers.

Many needles managed to pierce through both barriers. Honzo and Shunji stepped in front of Chou and Masuyo and defended with kunais. They managed to deflect most but a few needles still stabbed all of them. However, none were fatal injuries.

Chou and Masuyo desperately poured more chakra into their jutsus. Honzo and Shunji too made hand signs. Honzo slammed his hands on the ground. Four Rock shields appeared around them.

Shunji, on the other hand, released a spark that hit Masuyo's water sphere barrier. Electricity began flowing through it. The electric current slowed down most of the needles that pierced through the first barrier and hit the second barrier, making them harmless.

The four Kiri ninjas were finally relieved for a moment. However, at that very instant, a stone spear silently and quickly rose through the ground under Terumi Honzo. His attention was focused on the needle rain and didn't notice the spear under him. The spear pierced his lower body, pierced through him, and exited through his head!

He yelled in pain, but couldn't move. That startled his three teammates who turned to see him. They were horrified! Their teammate's body was skewered with an earth spear!

Chou immediately yelled, "JUMP and run to the exit!"
Both Masuyo and Shunji jumped along with Chou. Earth spears formed under them as well and began moving towards them rapidly. All 3 kicked at the side of the spear to propel themselves towards the exit.

Chou made a few hand signs, 'Water Prison Jutsu'
A water sphere encased all 3 of them as they left the protection of the double-layered Water Sphere jutsu.

As they left the underground, the water sphere kept getting pelted with rock needles. A few pierced through, but their speed was greatly reduced due to the water. They managed to defend themselves with a kunai as they got out.

When they left the hideout, Fujin, Hoka, and Mieko sensed them. Sensing them rushing out, Fujin made a few hand signs and prepared Vacuum Bullet jutsu while thinking, 'Three people. One has Jounin level chakra. One is chunin level and the last might be an Elite chunin. Jounins are tough to kill, I'll target the Elite Chunin.'

Soon, Sakai Chou led them out of the underground. They appeared around 20 meters from where Renjiro and the rest were standing. As soon as they appeared, Fujin shot a Vacuum Bullet at Masuyo.

Though they were in a lot of peril, Chou's water prison jutsu provided them with a sense of security. So despite expecting an attack as soon as they left, they expected themselves to at least put up a fight.

However, right after leaving the underground, a Vacuum Bullet hit the Water Prison. It pierced into it with extreme ease and hit Masuyo's heart accurately! She fell down dead with her eyes wide in disbelief!

Chou and Shunji were shocked again. First Honzo was killed unexpectedly and now Masuyo. Even worse was the fact that Masuyo was their only sensor. Leaving the Land of Fire safely without her aid would be extremely difficult.

Without giving them any time to grieve, Mieko, Hoka, and the other 3 chunins moved to attack them. Chou immediately spat out a lot of water, forming a water wall between them. The Water Wall stopped them.