Chapter 98 : Anti-Climatic

Due to using such a powerful jutsu, Fujin flew backwards, in the air, for a few minutes. From this view, he got a perfect view of what was happening. He saw as the wind cut Rentaro into pieces with ease.

Fujin's eyes widened before sensing something was wrong, 'There's no blood! And the winds cut through him a bit too easily. As if there was no solid obstruction at all! Was it a water clone? But when did he make one?'

The judges and many ninjas were shocked as well. Fujin flickering and using such a strong jutsu so quickly wasn't something a genin should be able to do. In fact, even among chunins, only a few could replicate this.

As everyone was thinking, Rentaro's body pieces dissolved into water.

Fujin was continuously sensing chakra as he was thinking. He suddenly realized, 'The chakra was distributed among his body pieces. And now all that chakra is in the water that he dissolved into. What jutsu is this?'

Fujin created some distance as he was thinking. The crowd calmed down on seeing the body waters transform into water.

Suddenly, the water began gathering together, and Rentaro's body began forming. Fujin squinted his eyes and threw an explosion tag attached to a kunai right at the center.

He and many ninjas realized, 'Hydrification technique of the Hozuki clan!' The Kiri jounins breathed in relief on seeing Rentaro use this jutsu in the nick of time.

Fujin wondered, 'Isn't this the Kekkei Genkai of the Hozuki clan? How did he get it? Was someone from his family from the Hozuki clan or is he using a fake family name?'

[A/N : It's not a Kekkei Genkai. It's a secret technique of the Hozuki clan. Similar to the Nara, Yamanaka, and Akimichi clans. That said, Kabuto did use Suigetsu's cells or DNA to get access to this technique. So it is sort of in a gray area.]

Genma noted, "First an Ice Kekkei Genkai. Now the Hydrification secret jutsu. The Kiri genins are strong."

Raido agreed and pointed out, "Yes, but Fujin is very strong too. He forced him into using it."

Ibiki observed Renjiro putting his body together and stated, "He isn't proficient with this jutsu. The body is reforming too slowly."

The Kiri genins got excited about seeing Rentaro use this jutsu. Sora said excitedly, "In this form Rentaro is invincible. That Konoha genin will lose badly!"

Mieko and Hoka also observed this carefully. Especially Mieko who might have to fight him if Fujin loses.

As Rentaro's body was reforming, the Explosion tag reached it and exploded, dispersing the water again. However, soon it began reforming once again.

Fujin grabbed another kunai with an explosion tag and wondered, 'Isn't his speed too slow? If I recall correctly, Suigetsu was able to liquefy some parts of his body and not be helpless unless a Lightning jutsu was used.'

He threw the kunai, and it dispersed once again. The process was repeated three more times.

The ninjas, who knew about the Hydrification technique and were excited to see it in action, were dumbfounded. Especially the Kiri jounins and genins. They saw one of their strongest secret jutsu be dismantled by cheap explosion tags!

Of course, if Rentaro was stronger or had better control over this secret technique, then the Hydrification technique wouldn't be neutralized so easily. However, this fact didn't reduce their humiliation.

Mieko looked at Sora and asked, "Is this what you call invincible in your village?" Sora's face went red with shame. He wanted to rebuke, but no words left his mouth.