Chapter 24 : Graduation

In the 3rd year, Genki had focused entirely on the basic skills. It made this year a lot more fun. After having taught one skill entirely, he used to come up with games so that everyone would get used to using it.

For instance, after teaching how to move stealthily. He gave everyone 29 tags with their roll numbers written on it. Everyone had to put these tags on the backs of other 29 students and avoid others to put those tags on their own back. Thanks to Fujin being a sensor, no one managed to put any tag on his backs. The few who tried to sneak up, got a punch or an elbow to their face.

While hunting wild animals had resulted in most students making some really funny faces. Killing an animal didn't create an issue for everyone, though Fujin did sigh thinking, 'I never thought that my first kill in this world would be a freaking rabbit!' The fun part according to Genki, which he enjoyed the most, was having everyone cut open the animal they hunted, clean it and prepare it for cooking. An act that disgusted most of the students, including Fujin as he had never done anything like this in his earlier life. Only Nobu was completely unaffected.

And in order to make everyone learn cooking properly, Genki banned bringing lunch to the academy for a few days. Their lunch was the wild animal they cooked!

Later in the year, he also introduced tree climbing as a chakra control exercise for his students.

In this manner, the year progressed. 1 week before the final exams, Genki dropped the news that surprised Fujin. He thought, 'While I did know about it, for the announcement to be made this suddenly is surprising!'

Genki had announced, 'If there is anyone among you who wants to attempt the graduation exam, then let me know within the next 3 days.'

However, by the end of the day, Genki did regret announcing that right in the morning. He sighed, 'Damn, I should have announced it when the lectures ended. No one paid attention to today's lectures!'

After going home, Fujin thought hard about it. On analyzing, he concluded, 'There's still a lot more for me to learn. Right now my wind jutsus, basic jutsus, shadow clones, body flicker, shuriken throwing and Taijutsu has progressed to the level that I'm satisfied with. But I still have to learn Earth release jutsus. And also need to work on sword skills and Genjutsu. As for Fuinjutsu, though it has been coming along well, I still haven't started on the intermediate level seals which are available in section D of the library. And there's also Rasengan still left to master.

Also, while graduating will ensure that I won't have to waste time in the academy, but since Konoha currently is suffering a shortage of ninjas, I suppose my free time might be curtailed rather than getting more time to train. Also the missions might have more risk than usual, especially with the 3rd war still fresh in everyone's minds.

Alright then, I won't participate in it. While the top scorer not attempting the graduation exam might raise questions, it's better than dying on some rank C mission gone wrong.'

However, unlike Fujin, the other kids from his class, were perfectly brainwashed by the Will of Fire. And hence many were interested in participating in the graduation exam. However, knowing that they won't be able to pass, many parents didn't allow their children to take part in the exams.

In the end, there were 7 students who decided to participate in the Graduation exam. Yori, Nobu, Teru, Hoka, a civilian kid, and the two from Aburame and Hatake clans decided to attempt the exam. Fujin did see that Genki was a bit disappointed in him not attempting the Graduation exam. But he was relieved as Genki didn't talk with him on the matter.

The graduation exam was around a week after the 3rd year exam. The 3rd year exam went as usual. A few more parameters were added to the exam based on the skills that Genki had taught in this year.