3 Face Off

Part 3 Face Off

Khushi could not sleep that night. How could she sleep peacefully after meeting Arnav? Suman also didn't sleep as he was thinking about what made Khushi cry. He heard a mild whimper. He turned towards Khushi jerking. Switching the light on, he sat on the bed.

"Khushi..." he called.

Khushi wiped her tears and pretended like sleeping.

"Khushi, I know you don't sleep. I heard your sob. Don't try to cheat me"

Khushi bit her lip. Suman pulled her up and made her look at him.

"If you really respect me, tell me what happened?"

Khushi bowed down.

"Tell me, Khushi"

"I... I saw HIM"

"HIM? Who?"

Khushi gulped hard.

"Arnav?" he asked, jerking.

She nodded yes.

"How could I miss this? Damn, he is the only one who could make Khushi cry..." Suman said.

Khushi closed her eyes.

"Where did you see him?"

"He is the principal of our school"

"Gosh... really? That's why you are upset?"

Khushi was silent.

"So, are you going to resign from the job?" he intentionally asked.

"Why should I? What wrong did I do? It was him who cheated me"

"I agree he got married leaving you behind but, you too got married... then, do you have the right to get angry with him?"

"I got married only after he got married to his boss's daughter for money. Don't you know in which circumstance I got married to you?"

"Maybe, his circumstance would have led him to the marriage"

"He has a kid. What about that? In what circumstance he had a kid?" she sneered.

"Ohhh... this is what makes you angry? I don't know, you will feel the pain going deep down into his BEDROOM."

Khushi glared at him.

"Are you still jealous of him that you can't tolerate him touching another woman...?" he asked not minding her glare.

"Shut up, Sumi... or else..."

"Ok, I will shut up... you too try to shut your MIND from thinking something that you can't tolerate"

Khushi lay on the bed and buried her face in the pillow. Suman knew she was crying.

"Khushi relax. Try to understand the reality. This is how the wedding works. It's unavoidable to have children after the wedding. Right?"

Khushi continued sobbing.

"Not every wedding would be like OURS," Suman said.

Khushi sat on the bed and wiped her tears.

"I'm not jealous. It's an old story. I'm a changed Khushi now"

"Yeah... I can see it clearly" Suman said smiling.

Khushi glared at him again.

"Relax baby..."

Khushi cried leaning on his shoulder. Suman tried to get her calm.