10 Birthday Celebration

Part 10 Birthday Celebration

Arnav kept two peanut candies in his table drawer safely so that he could eat them the next day. That was when his sight fell on the identity cards given by Shyam. Taking them, he searched for Khushi's identity card. He smiled painfully, seeing her photo. She had not even changed a bit. The only thing was missing. Her smiling eyes. Her eyes always sparkled with a smile when they were in college. Now, he didn't see it. He read her address. She resided in Gomti Nagar. Aranv raised his brows as that was the safest area of Lucknow. He kept the identity cards back, thinking to give it to her the next day.

The last bell rang and all the teachers and students started dispersing. Arnav saw a few teachers having peanut candy in their hands. Arnav walked smilingly as he understood who should have given it to them. Though he didn't want to search for Khushi his eyes didn't obey him. he saw her going out of the campus with Lavanya. He could not resist remembering, how she always waited for him when they were in college. He went to the parking feeling helpless.

...........

Arnav came home and got stuck, seeing baby Khushi wearing a Cinderella gown.

"What's the matter, Khushi? Why are you wearing this gown now?"

"Daddy. Please go and get ready"

"Why?"

"I want us to go somewhere"

"Somewhere? Where?"

"You go and get ready then only I will tell you"

Arnav rolled his eyes and went to his room. Baby Khushi watched cartoons, sitting in the living room.

Arnav came out within a few minutes, getting ready in a casual outfit. He looked dashing in a maroon color T-Shirt with light gray pants.

"Fatima chachi, please get me a cup of coffee"

Arnav asked.

Fatima gave it to him as she already prepared it.

"Thank you"

Arnav sipped it. Baby Khushi turned the TV off and wore a matching cut shoe to her dress.

"Fatima Chachi, bring it" baby Khushi said.

Fatima nodded ok and went to the kitchen.

"By the way, where is my princess taking me?" Arnav asked sipping the coffee.

"We are going to my Khushi teacher's house," Khushi said.

Arnav was about to throw up the coffee, he pressed his lips. He looked at Baby Khushi as if she was a ghost. Fatima brought the cake and kept it on the tea table, observing his expression.

"Today is her birthday. That's why I asked Fatima Chachi about this cake. Give her money for this cake"

"Khushi, this is not done... we should not go to anyone's house without their invitation"

"Today is her birthday Daddy... we are going to give this cake. We can do that... (She looked at Fatima) am I right, Chachi?"

Fatima nodded yes.

"Neneno... (Arnav's way of telling no no no... haha) I don't think this is right"

"Kids don't come into the RIGHT or WRONG circle, Arnav bituwa... She is a kid. She loves her teacher very much. She likes to give her gifts on her birthday. What's wrong with that? In fact, anyone will become happy if they get such a surprise" Fatima said.

"Haan, Fatima Chachi is right. I want to surprise my teacher. Come on Daddy... let's go"

Arnav hesitated.