55 Last Part

Part 55 Last part

Arnav smiled at Khushi's parents and said,

"Thank you for accepting my invitation"

Khushi and Suman looked at him stunningly.

"What are you looking at? He is the one who invited us to your wedding that you didn't do" Garima said.

"Actually, I was..." Khushi stammered.

Cutting her,

"Scared to face us?"

Khushi was silent.

"That's why Arnav came and met us"

Khushi and Suman were more shocked. Did Arnav meet them in person?

"Yes, I met them because this is not a matter to talk on the phone" Arnav said.

"But you didn't say anything to us...?" Suman asked.

"Khushi hesitated to convey the message to them... especially, about you. I didn't think it was the right decision to hide the truth. It will lead them to think about Khushi wrong which I could not allow. So, I went to Delhi the day before yesterday and met them. I told them about why Khushi accepted the wedding proposal with you"

"You have done a very good job, Arnav. We discussed it yesterday. I insisted Khushi to tell them about me. If she had not done that, I would have done that for sure" Suman said.

"I'm sorry, Amma... I just" Khushi choked.

"We don't know what to say. We wanted your betterment. That's why we got you married to Aman (Accorsding to them, he was AMAN. It was Khushi who changed his name). We won't be the hindrance to your happiness" Shashi said.

Khushi hugged Shashi emotionally.

"Arnav said, you are going to Canada..." Shashi asked Suman.

"Yes, uncle... I'm waiting for my visa. I will get it in a day or two, I suppose"

"Oh... that's nice"

"Yeah, we fixed our wedding soon because I and Khushi want him to be part of our wedding," Arnav said.

"Where is your kid?" Garima asked.

"She is at home with Fatima Chachi"

"Don't you bring her?" Khushi asked.

"No, Khushi. Our shopping takes time. She would feel bored if she loses patience. That's why I didn't bring her"

"I would have looked after her," Suman said.

"It's not easy to handle her for the whole day, Sumi. She will keep on nagging you for something... sometime for snacks, sometimes for washroom, sometimes for play..."

Suman chuckled.

"Uncle, you too join us..." Arnav asked Shashi.

"Yeah, sure..."

They went shopping. Arnav bought Khushi's wedding Lehanga and Mangal Sutra because it should be bought by the Groom's family. He bought a lehanga for baby Khushi too.

When Arnav selected his Sherwani, Shashi tried to pay for it but Suman didn't give him a chance and he paid for it.

"What the hell is this Sumi...? Why are you doing this?" Arnav chided him.

"Being a Groom, you should not pay for it" Suman said.

"Then, let me pay," Shashi said.

"That's ok, uncle... I would like to do it for Arnav" Suman smiled.