30 Decision

Part 30 Decision

The next day

Teachers of Rishab school were perplexed, seeing the circular about the sudden meeting. No one knew the reason for the meeting... Not even senior teachers... Not even the vice principal of the school. All the teachers gathered in the community hall. What confused them more was, not only the teachers of all the classes but also the office staff gathered there without any differences. Usually, the meeting happened according to the program of primary, secondary, high school, and higher secondary classes. This kind of meeting was very rare. Such a kind of meeting happens only if some important message is to be conveyed. All of them were curious to know what was the special reason for the meeting.

Arnav as usual entered the hall like a storm. Teachers stood up respectfully.

"Please be seated," Arnav said, looking at Khushi.

The staff sat back. Arnav leaned his back on a table, running his eyes on them.

"I would like to make an announcement. Our school staff are going to get an increment from next month"

The hall quavered with a big round of applause. Everyone present there was delighted by the sweet news.

"And, I would like to discuss something with you all" Arnav continued.

Everyone looked at him eagerly but, Arnav's question confused them.

"What do you guys think about third-gender people?" He asked reading their expression.

There was a soft commotion raised in the crowd. Khushi and Lavanya glanced at each other.

Arnav waited for their reply but no one said anything.

"None of you have an answer?"

"Sir... There is nothing to answer because there is nothing to think about them" Shyam said.

"You are a teacher Mr. Vice Principal. You should not be irresponsible. You have to think about every aspect of this society" Arnav's voice sounded strict.

Shyam sat silently.

"Let me come to the point"

Arnav strengthened himself.

"I'm going to appoint two third-gender people in our school" Arnav gave a long pause.

Khushi was stunned whereas Lavanya smiled which was unexpected. Others murmured with others.

"Sir, this is not done. This is a reputed school..." Shyam opposed.

"Then, we have to do this," Lavanya said making everyone raise their brows.

"Lavanya Madam, you didn't understand..." Shyam said.

"I understood well. This is the place where the next generation of people be created. If students see them in the right position, they will respect them. If they learn to respect them, they won't insult them. If schools don't teach such things then who will teach them? This is the place where children should be taught to treat everyone equally" Lavanya snapped.

"This is a sensitive matter. We should handle it carefully. Parents will get dissatisfied."

"Then they are free to leave our school. Not only students but also teachers..." Arnav said, looking at the staff.

"How could you say so, sir? Who are third genders to us?" Shyam defended.

"Excuse me, sir... I would like to answer this question" Lavanya said.