18 Backfired?

Part 18 Backfired?

Suman came home after finishing his night shift. Taking a spare key, he unlocked the door and entered because he knew Khushi won't be at home as it was 9 am. But to his surprise, she was sleeping on the couch in the living room. Taking a few long steps, he reached her and touched her forehead, assuming she might have a fever but nope. Her body temperature was normal. If she was normal, why didn't she go to school?

Khushi opened her eyes, feeling his touch.

"Don't you go to school today?" Suman asked.

She shook her head from left to right.

"Why? Is everything alright?"

She stayed mute.

"So, something is wrong"

Khushi looked at him with her reddened eyes.

"What happened? Didn't you sleep properly?"

Suman thought deeply for a while,

"Did Arnav say why he doesn't want you to forgive him?"

Khushi looked at him thunderstruck.

"How do you assume right, Sumi?"

"What did he say?" He asked without answering her.

"He doesn't want my forgiveness because he thinks I will forget him if I forgive him"

Suman got struck.

"What made you upset, his confession of why he doesn't want you to forgive him? Or... He assumed wrongly that you can forget him?"

Khushi was silent but words were trying to jump out of her throat. Yes, she was upset for both reasons. The pain in Arnav's words pricked her heart. At the same time, how could he even think she could forget him? Was he such a person who could be forgotten?

"Is your decision of not going to school, for one day or forever?"

Khushi bit her lip to control her sob but she failed. Tears rolled down her cheek.

"I... I... sensed him controlling his anger when he spoke to me..."

"Mmm... So, he doesn't want you to forget him... He wants you to remember him at any cast... At least with anger... How divine your man is..."

"He is not mine..."

"He is... Still, he is... Just like how you are his..."

"But..."

Cutting her,

"He is not even talking with the woman who is his so-said wife. The girl who calls him Daddy is not his daughter. We knew very well how hurtful it is to be hated by our beloved ones. Yet, he seeks it. Can't you just understand what kind of life... Correction... hell, he is living in?"

"But what can I do?"

"Can't you do anything?"

"I'm going to resign from my job," she said, rigidly, gulping down.

"Oh... Will you get rid of all the problems if you resigned from your job? Will you wipe off Arnav's memories from your heart? Are not you the one who taught me to face the world? Where are your guts? Is advice only for others? Not for you?"

"I will face the whole damn world but vulnerable Arnav. I don't want to get weak, Sumi... It's not good for anyone of us"

"We all are weaker in something. There is no human on the earth without weakness..."