13 Circumstance

Part 13 circumstance

Khushi was angry like hell. She thought Arnav should have married Sheetal by an unavoidable circumstance but he married her for money. It seemed he knew Sheetal's father's intention of getting him married to Sheetal from the beginning. He should have loved her just as timepass. Otherwise, he would not have married Sheetal without even informing about it to her.

The human mind could travel around the universe in a blink of an eye. Here, Khushi's mind thought about the possibilities in a jet speed... But, unfortunately, she thought utterly wrong.

"I don't think it can be true," Lavanya thought right.

"Why?" Khushi asked.

"Khushi is a four years old child now. Just because Sheetal couldn't delay having a child, would she be still angry with her own child or what? How could anyone do that?"

"But, why does Shyam sir lie? Why should he lower her respect with such a story?"

"I already told you... Sheetal Kapoor is a drunkard. Everyone knows that. There is no use in hiding it from anyone, anymore. If Shyam sir tried to cover the truth up, the story would not have sounded true."

"Then, what would be the truth?"

"This story seems eerie... I can't think anything beyond my sight..." Lavanya sighed.

Khushi could not conclude anything.

....

Fatima took the receiver as the landline phone shouted to pick it up.

"Hello..."

"Fatima, this is Manju"

"Hi, Manju..."

"Fatima, Shyam messed up our plan it seems"

"Shyam? What did that idiot do?" she asked panickily.

"He built a wrong story about Arnav and Sheetal and made it reach Khushi"

"what do mean?"

Manju told the story said by Shyam to Lavanya.

"Yah... Allah... what will we do now?"

"I don't know... Lavanya asked me about Khushi's identity card. I avoided talking to her because I don't know, if she will share it with Khushi. Or else, I would have told her the true story"

"Can't you do that now?"

"Of course, I can but it may confuse Khushi. If she hears anything about Arnav next time, it must be certitude. She should not even have a trace of doubt in that"

"But, how could we do that?"

"We have to do that... at any cause... by hook or by crook..."

Nervousness spread in their hearts. They wanted to do something but they had no idea how to do that.

.......

On the other hand, Arnav was thinking about what baby Khushi asked him the previous day.

*Shall I ask Khushi teacher to be my mummy? *

And... he said yes. was that right? Khushi was someone's wife now. How could she be someone's daughter's mummy? Won't I create a storm in Khushi's heart? But... why did she say,

*Will you marry me, leaving your wife if I'm not happy? *

How could she ask that being someone's wife? Didn't she know it would create a storm in his heart? Or, did she ask that to create a storm in his heart? What was she up to? What did she want? She was easy to understand when they were in college. How did she turn into a puzzle? He closed his eyes because he knew it was him who was the reason for her change. That pricked him. Guiltiness was pooling in his heart. She loved him so much but he gave her something in return that she could not tolerate... certainty to say, no one could tolerate it. He felt ashamed of himself to do that to Khushi... who was once his breath... his life... his everything.