12 Real Story?

Part 12 Real Story?

There was a wild storm in Arnav's mind. He was driving the car and Khushi's words were echoing in his head repeatedly. He could not conclude anything about her problem. Khushi was a nice girl who got satisfied with every simple thing she got. But today, she asked him something that didn't suit her.

WILL YOU MARRY ME LEAVING YOUR WIFE IF I'M NOT HAPPY?

She would not have told him so if she was truly happy. But, her husband looked like a generous person. Then what was her problem? Or... Did Suman pretend to be good in front of others? What if he was pretending to be good? What could he do? Would he marry Khushi then?

He jerked when baby Khushi shook him.

"Daddy..."

"Haan?" He looked at her.

"How many times I called you daddy..."

"I... I'm sorry... I didn't listen to you and I was thinking about something beta" he literally apologized.

Baby Khushi pouted.

"Tell me, what did you say"

"Are not they so happy...?"

Arnav swallowed hard.

"Why are we not happy like them?"

Arnav drove the car looking at the road without answering because he didn't have the answer.

"We would also have been happy if mummy is with us, right?"

No answer from Arnav.

"Where is my mummy, daddy?"

"She is not with us. She won't come to us, beta" Arnav said, didn't want to beat around the bush.

"Shall I ask Khushi teacher to be my mummy?" Baby Khushi asked innocently.

Arnav pressed the brake, making baby Khushi jerk.

"Ok, ask her..." Arnav said.

"Is it? Shall I really ask?"

"Mmm"

"Shall we go to their house now?"

"No... It's too late. You can ask her tomorrow but make sure she is alone"

"Why daddy?"

"Someone may ask her to be his/her mummy... That's why"

"Ohh... You are right. All my classmates like Khushi teacher very much"

Arnav nodded yes.

They came home. Fatima was waiting for them.

"Shall I bring dinner to the table?" She asked.

"No chachi... We already had" Khushi said.

"Oh.. Did you guys eat in the restaurant?"

"No chachi, we had dinner in Khushi teacher's house."

"Oh... Really?"

"Yes... Aloo and pori... "

"How did your daddy agree to eat at their house? He never likes to eat in anyone's place?" Fatima asked.

"Oh... I could not deny it as Khushi liked to have aloo and poori" Arnav said.

"Ohh...! Khushi beta, shall we go to your room?"

"Okiii... Good night, daddy"

"Good night"

Clutching Fatima's hand, she walked to her room.