53 The Judgment

Part 53 The judgment

The case was taken to the course and the main witness was baby Khushi. She didn't care about Sheetal who was standing in front of her in the Witness box. She recited the same in the court what she said to the police.

Sheetal didn't get a lawyer to argue for herself. After the video leaked in the media, no lawyers dared to take her case, not just because she insulted Mr Ayurvedi. It was because of her statement about money. It would spoil the reputation of the lawyer who took over the case. So, no one showed interest in the money that Sheetal was ready to throw on their faces.

"Mrs. Sheetal Kapoor, do you have anyone to argue for yourself?" The magistrate asked.

"No, your honor," Sheetal said.

"As you get no one to argue, this court permits you to argue for yourself. You can defend yourself, Mrs. Sheetal"

Sheetal's face brightened.

"Thank you, my lord," she said delightedly as if she would win the case using the chance.

"Mr. Roy, you can start your interrogation," the judge said.

Roy stood up and said,

"Thank you, my lord"

He went to Baby Khushi.

"Who kidnapped you, beta?"

"Sheetal's friend," Baby Khushi said.

"She is not my friend. Have you ever seen her with me?" Sheetal sneered.

"You will be given a chance Mrs Sheetal. You can question baby Khushi but you have to wait" the judge said.

Sheetal glared at baby Khushi.

"How did the woman look like beta?" Roy asked.

"She was wearing burqa"

"What did she say?"

"She said Sheetal is my mother and she will give me loads of chocolates and toys if I leave my daddy. I said I don't want anything. I don't like to go to Sheetal but I want my Daddy"

"Then what else did she say?"

"She said Sheetal will take care of me and make me happy. She will take me to the theme park too. So that I can be happy with Sheetal"

"Then?"

"She took me to the theme park and bought me toys and ice cream. I ran away from her when she went to the washroom. I saw a police uncle and told him everything. He brought me to my daddy"

"That's all my lord" Roy sat down.

"Mrs Sheetal you can interrogate baby Khushi now"

"How do you know she is my friend, have you ever seen her with me?" Sheetal questioned Baby Khushi.

"How could I see her with you when you yourself never stayed at home?" Baby Khushi cornered Sheetal.

A laughing wave spread on the court campus.

"Order order" the judge controlled the crowd.

Sheetal gritted her teeth.

"The woman is not my friend. She is a liar. Don't trust her words" Sheetal said.

"I know she is a liar because she said you are a good woman and will take care of me. How could she be a good woman if she says you are good"

Sheetal was stunned. The loud laughter raised in the court hall. The judge again controlled them.