6 Father was in trouble

Part 6 Father was in trouble

Sheetal was sitting with a liquor glass at a party. Though she was enjoying the party her mind was clouded by Arnav and his outburst. Arnav's sudden change disturbed her like hell. What happened to him? He never reacted to any of her actions in the past five years like he did that day. This was absolutely not a good sign. If Arnav continued like this, he might start questioning her every action. That should not happen. She gulped the shot in a go and kept the empty glass on the table. Taking her mobile, she dialed someone. The call got attended to on the other side.

"Hi, Sheetal..."

"What's happening there?"

"What happening here...? Everything is going normal and smooth"

"I am asking about Arnav"

"He is also normal as usual."

"Did he go anywhere? Or, did he meet anyone?"

"No... not at all... he just attended a family friend's housewarming function. Other than that, neither he went anywhere nor did he meet anyone"

"Are you sure?"

"Damn sure..."

"Are you keeping an eye on him?"

"I always do... You know that"

"Okay"

"What happened? Any problem?"

"There is a change in Arnav's behavior. Till today, he never dared shout at me"

"What? Did he shout at you?"

Even though Sheetal felt ashamed to share that with anyone. She found it necessary. Then only, Arnav would be watched keenly.

"But how did Arnav get guts all of a sudden?"

"I don't think he suddenly got the guts... he might have not shown it. Today, something should have provoked him..."

"Did he shout at you when you were silent?"

"I am not silent but I just shouted at him like always I do"

"Mmm... maybe, he is weary... He is also a human after all."

"Okay... Keep watching him"

"I will do that" Shyam disconnected the call.

Yes, it was Shyam. Shyam was none other than a cousin to Sheetal. He joined Rishabh School when Sheetal's father was alive. But now he was doing OVER TIME for Sheetal this way.

...........

That day, Sheetal didn't come home, as she was in a midnight party. No one in the Kapoor Villa felt her absence. In fact, they felt relieved because they didn't have to tolerate her tantrums the day.

Arnav and baby Khushi had dinner together as always. Fatima served them dinner.

"Chachi, today I had aloo puri," baby Khushi said to Fatima.

"Aloo Puri? who gave you?"

"Who else? our lovely Khushi teacher"

"Is it? Did she bring Aloo Puri for everyone?"

"No... She fed her lunch to us"

"Then what did she eat?"

"She had nothing to eat. I gave her daddy's orange juice"

Fatima looked at Arnav who smiled mildly.

"From tomorrow onwards give a little more orange juice" baby Khushi demanded.