20 Roar

Part 20 Roar

Manju brought Sheetal to Kapoor Villa. Fatima saw Manju bringing Sheetal home. She was alarmed. Why did Manju bring her home? Did Manju meet Sheetal somewhere else or Sheetal went to school? She rushed to them.

"What happened Manju? Why do you bring Sheetal home?" she asked panicking.

Manju brought her in and pushed her on the floor furiously. Sheetal sat on the floor dizzily.

"I have never seen such a devilish woman in my life. She came to school in a drunken state and insulted Arnav in front of our staff."

"What do you say, Manju?" Fatima was furious.

"Poor Arnav, I don't know how much he has to tolerate her tantrums... I am going to ask him to divorce her"

"Arnav would have done that long ago. He is hesitating to do that only because..."

Cutting her,

"Kapoor's properties are on his name... so what? Why should he care about it? He should keep the property for himself... that is the punishment for Sheetal for making his life hell..."

"I have no problem if Arnav is ready to do that but what after that?"

"It doesn't matter Fatima... It doesn't matter what he will do after that. But, he doesn't have to tolerate this b**** anymore. What did he gain doing things for this b****? Nothing but insult... how dare she come to the school to insult him when I am there?"

"Was Khushi there?" Fatima asked nervously.

Manju gulped down hard and nodded yes.

"She was suffocating like hell... could do nothing. That's why I slapped Sheetal..." Manju said gritting her teeth.

"But why Arnav was silent?"

"I too can't understand anything..."

"Let him come I will ask him"

"Ask him to throw this b** out of his life" Manju left the house controlling her anger.

........

Khushi came home with a heavy heart. She saw her house door be opened. She was perplexed. She thought Suman must be sleeping as he did night duty. Getting inside the house, she locked the door. Suman was watching TV. Her lunch bag was on the tea table. She looked at her lunch bag and then at Suman.

"I came to your school... " Suman said understanding her look.

"When did you come?"

"I came to your school to give you lunch. I know you would not have eaten anything for breakfast... so thought to prepare something for you for lunch"

"Then, why didn't you meet me?"

"When I came to your school a big riot was running there. An arrogant drunken woman was shouting at her poor husband"

Khushi was bewildered. Was Suman there at that time?

"Yes, I was there at that time... that's why I came back without meeting you because I know you would not have had the mood to have your lunch"

"I was so angry you know," Khushi said.

"Then, why did you stand with teary eyes rather than slapping her hard?"

Khushi looked at him stunningly.

"I am happy at least someone did that instead of you but I would have been happier if you had done that"

"How could I have done that?"

"Why could not have you? You are a newcomer to your school. Seeing your principal getting insulted by someone, you could have defended him. You could have even slapped her. Then you could have said, you don't know who she is... because the woman did not mention Arnav as her husband but only servant..."