37 Well-Known Secret

Part 37 Well-Known Secret

It was 8 o'clock. Suman didn't come home. Fear was eating up Khushi alive. Suman had never been like this. He was always informed if he was late. Arnav was continuously trying his number but his phone was switched off.

"Khushi, give me his office number... we will inquire about him in his office"

"I don't have his office number," she said crying.

"Khushi, please don't cry"

"I'm scared, Arnav... This is the first time it takes place. He doesn't have a habit of going somewhere else. He always comes home straight from the office. He doesn't even have any friends in Lucknow. I can't get anything... my mind is not working"

"Please don't get upset. Hope for good. He will be all right and will come home soon"

"No Arnav, something is terribly wrong. His phone is switched off. The charge of his phone was full in the morning..."

"He would have used the mobile for some official purpose, Khushi... So, it would have lowered"

"No, Sumi won't use the phone during office hours... I know that. He told me about it"

"Okay... Don't bother. I will go to his office and look for him"

"I will also come with you"

"No Khushi, you stay here. He may come home. Call me if he reaches home before I come"

"No... I can't be sitting here. Sumi has a spare key. Let that idiot wait"

Arnav nodded ok slightly smiling. They went to Suman's office to know about him. Khushi was looking for him all the way to his office.

Arnav halted the car in front of Suman's office. They got down from the car and went in. The security stopped them.

"Who are you, sir? What do you want?"

"She is Suman Mathur's wife..."

Khushi looked at him, hearing him addressing her as Suman's wife. She thought he would say Suman was his friend.

"He has not come home yet. That's why we came looking for him"

They saw the bewilderment on the security's face.

"Do you know about him?"

"Of course, sir... He left the office at 4o' clock"

"At 4o' clock? But how do you know that acutely?"

"He is a friendly man, sir. He always smiles at me whenever enters the office and leaves the office. He sometimes talks to me too..."

"Oh..."

"I know when he comes to the office and leaves the office. This week, 6 to 2 is his shift timing. After the shift only he ate lunch and came out of the office today at 3:30. He talked to me for half an hour and then left"

Arnav and Khushi looked at each other anxiously.

"Did you call him sir?" The security asked worriedly.

"Yeah... Numerous times but he didn't answer back"

"Did you inquire if he met with an ..." The security hesitated without completing the sentence with the word, ACCIDENT.

Arnav and Khushi understood that.

"Please file a complaint in the police station, sir." The security said with concern.

Arnav nodded ok.

"Could you ask him to call me when he comes back?"

"Sure," Arnav said and looked at Khushi.