39 Broken Obstacle

Part 42 Broken Obstacle

Arnav drove the car towards Roy's residence. Junior Roy was waiting for him in the living room. He rushed to Arnav when he entered the house.

"ASR, I'm waiting for you only... My father wants to meet you immediately"

"But why?"

"I asked him but denied talking to me about it."

"Oh..."

"Did you see news of Sheetal being arrested?"

"I didn't see but got to know"

"Babuji saw the news... He became restless after seeing the news. He enquired me about your relationship. I told him how Sheetal humiliated you, coming to the school in a drunken state... How she addressed you as a servant... That's all, he was panicked. I was really scared seeing him like that. I thought he may get a heart attack"

Arnav frowned. Why the senior Roy should react that way? Didn't he know Sheetal and her disinterest in this relationship? Being Kapoor's lawyer, he would have known about it. He was the one who wrote the WILL of Kapoor. Then what was there to be panicked? What made him react so?

"Shall I meet him?" Arnav asked.

"Yup... Wait for a few minutes. He is getting fed..."

Arnav nodded ok.

"Did you think about my divorce?"

"You don't have to worry anymore... Sheetal herself dug her one grave by getting arrested in the drug case. Police arrested her red-handed. It's a non-bailable case you know..."

Arnav nodded yes.

"She will be taken to the remand for fifteen days. As the case has a strong proof, she will get minimum of seven years. This is enough to get divorce from her"

"What about her property? Do you find any law hole to transfer it to her back?"

"What would she do with her property ASR? She will pass her future in tail..."

"Who am I to use her property? How could I do that? My heart will not let me do that"

"Ok, do one thing, transfer your income to her account. Don't use it. That's all what you could do"

Arnav sighed.

Mrs. Roy came out of the room, finishing her feeding duty.

"Let's go ASR" Junior Roy walked to his father's room.

Arnav followed him. He saw senior Roy lying on the bed powerless. He could not hold himself from recalling his past days. How majestically he advocated in court! How proud he had been!

"Hello sir" Arnav wished him.

"Please take your seat"

Arnav sat in front of him.

"How is life going?"

"Plainly..." Arnav said with a plain expression because he knew what means he asked. Of course, after Khushi's arrival, his life was overflowing with spicy incidents but he didn't think Mr. Roy ought to know them.

Roy took a long pause. There was regret on his face.

"I'm sorry for being one of the reasons for the plainness you are experiencing..."

Arnav narrowed his eyes. He could not understand what he meant. How did he be the reason for his plainness?

"How could you be the reason for my state?"