43 After a long

Part 43 After a long...

After getting beaten up by Khushi, Suman sat in front of Arnav laughingly.

"Sumi, what about having a beer?" NK asked.

"Sorry, a cultured girl like me won't even touch alcohol," he said tucking his hair behind his ear.

"I am going to kill you for sure. You can be a cultured woman from tomorrow. Now, have a beer for the sake of our friendship" NK warned him.

"You bloody spoilt Brat... you shot me by the weapon called friendship..." Suman felt sad clutching his nose bridge.

"Stop overacting... Let's have a beer"

"Okay, only for the sake of our friendship... That too, only today..."

"Let's go, Arnav..." NK called him.

Arnav nodded no with a smile. Suman and NK looked at Khushi who was also smiling.

"Don't be scared, Arnav. Khushi won't say anything... hai na Khushi?"

Arnav again nodded no.

"Khushi, permit him to give us company" Suman demanded.

"She knows I won't drink," said Arnav.

They looked at Khushi who nodded yes.

"He won't drink because I don't like it," Khushi said.

"Oh... Is that for Khushi?" NK wondered.

"Yes, when we were studying in college, his friends compelled him many times but he denied"

"Oh... then waiting for Arnav is no use. Let's go" NK said.

"Where are you guys going? it's already late" Khushi looked at the clock. That was about to hit 12.

"We are in the mood of having a beer. we will definitely find out a shop or a pub" NK stood up.

"I am taking the key. Don't wait for us. Go to sleep..." Suman followed NK, locking the door.

Khushi sent them off and walked to the bedroom. When she crossed Arnav, she slowed down her steps and looked at him.

"Happy Anniversary..." both of them uttered at the same time and got stuck.

They were looking at each other getting emotional. Their eyes tear up. In no time, Khushi rushed to him and hopped on him. Arnav reciprocated the hug with the same zeal. He buried his face in the crook of her neck, closing his eyes. He cupped her face and drenched her face with kisses. Tears rolled down her cheek. Arnav wiped them with his thumb fingers not minding about HIS tears. Khushi clutched his collar.

"How did you live without me?"

"Just like a dead body..." came from him.

"I missed you like hell..." Khushi pressed her lips on his forehead.

"I too... Still... until you come to me, forever..."

"Take me with you. Enough of separation. I can't tolerate this torture"

"I am even ready to take you with me now itself. But I want to do it respectfully. I already hurt you a lot... Not anymore..."

"You too are equally hurt... my condition is better than yours. I had Sumi with me to share my grief. But you don't even have anyone to pour your heart."

"Are not you angry with me?"

"I was... but, when I got to know the reason for your wedding, my anger became sympathy..."