22 Jealousy Gesture

Part 23 Jealousy Gesture

Khushi clutched Sheetal's hand. Sheetal tried to shrug her hand from her clutch. But the grip was enough tight that she could not take her hand off.

"How dare you clutch my hand? Do you know who am I?" Sheetal twisted her hand.

"Whoever you are... you have no right to raise your hand on anyone... apologies to her." Khushi said looking at the staff.

"Whaaaat? Apology and me? Never..."

"Until you say sorry to her, I won't leave your hand," Khushi said strictly.

"What do you think of me...?"

Cutting her,

"Don't try to know what people think of you. You can't stand."

"I can even fire you... be careful"

"Try if you can..."

Sheetal became furious.

"How dare you...! Do you think I can't do it?"

"Stop wasting time and say sorry to her."

Sheetal ran her eyes at her surroundings. Though she did not see anyone in the corridor she knew many teachers were watching them hiding somewhere. That irked her.

Arnav who saw Khushi clutching Sheetal's hand hurried his step toward them.

"What's happening here?" Arnav asked looking at Khushi.

"Look Arnav, this woman is insulting me..." Sheetal complained.

Without giving an ear to her,

"What happened, madam?" Arnav asked Khushi.

"She raised her hand on our staff for no reason, sir," Khushi said.

"She banged on me," Sheetal said.

"Sir, she turned behind and collided with me. It's not my mistake sir" the staff said politely.

"Was that my mistake?" Sheetal sneered.

"Yes, madam you didn't notice me coming"

"It was not my mistake"

"My mistake either..." the staff said gut fully.

Arnav sensed no hesitation in the staff's approach. He knew it was because of Sheetal's previous day's behavior.

"Did you raise your hand on her?" Arnav questioned Sheetal.

Sheetal was silent.

"Say sorry to her," Arnav said sternly.

Sheetal looked at him shockingly.

"Me?"

"Yes... No one has the right to rise their hand to anyone. She is my staff... I am responsible for her respect. I can't allow anyone to degrade my staff. How could you think of raising your hand to her? This is an educational institution. Respect comes first. Ask for forgiveness from her"

Sheetal looked at the woman and then Khushi, fuming.

"I'm sorry" she walked to Arnav's room not staying there for one more minute.

"I'm sorry for whatever happened, Mrs. Heer" Arnav literally apologized.

"It's ok sir. Khushi madam came at the right time. Or else, she would have slapped me" Heer said.

"Thank you, madam... Thank you for saving the respect of this school"

"It's my duty, sir," Khushi said and walked away.