09:dinner

MON POV÷

The exams for the first semester ended and a two-week vacation began before the start of the second semester. Only two days of vacation had passed, and I felt like I was suffocating and almost losing my mind. After the exams were over, there was nothing to distract me from longing and thinking about Sam.

I missed her so much, and if she was standing in front of me, I would hug her and cry... I could not bear that feeling, so I was thinking of calling her to at least hear her voice. I grabbed my phone and chose her name from among the contacts, and all that remained was to press the call button, but  I hesitated and left the phone.
I rubbed my hair chaotically to drive the thought out of my head but it is useless to resist... what I feel makes me so weak and I have no control over it.

I held the phone firmly and pressed the call button even though I had no excuse or reason to call.
The phone rang, rang and rang.
No one answered, I felt frustrated, sad and regretted calling her.
I threw the phone on the bed and got out of my room and decided to curb those feelings that make me a weak person.
I spent the day trying to distract myself by watching TV and preparing food for my dad so we could have dinner together after he got home from work.

Evening came and I was still avoiding my phone, my feelings, my thoughts and everything... I was looking for distractions, my dad came back from work and we had dinner together and a nice talk to check on each other as we always used to.
after the dinner We washed the dishes together, then I went up to my room, sat on the bed staring at the phone, then took a book and started reading it. It's a novel I was excited to read, but I forgot about it because of what happened recently.
I started reading the novel, and I was reading with enthusiasm a bit, but suddenly the phone ringing interrupted me.

I grabbed the phone with indifference to look at the name of the caller, I opened my eyes in shock and my heart began to beat quickly, I got tensed and did not know what to do, should I answer or not, and if I answered her and asked me why I called her what would I say... I shook my head to expel that  Thoughts and I picked  up to the call in the last seconds before it ended.

"Hi"
I said nervously

"Is that you tiny tot, how are you?"

When I heard her voice, I felt happy and became very emotional because I really missed her.

"Yes it's me and I'm fine... How are you?"
I said nervously.

" great, but I was surprised by your call"

"I'm sorry... Did I call at an inconvenient time?"
I said that embarrassed, and I didn't know what to say. I was afraid that she would ask me about the reason for my call, because I have no specific reason. I called cause I missed her, and I certainly don't want to tell her that, and I don't think she wants to hear that from me.

"No... wait, that is not what I meant, i was surprised because I did not expect that from you."

"O..okay."
I said that word without thinking because of the tension and my tongue was tied, I couldn't find anything to say

"why are you silent?"
She said that which made me even more nervous

"nothing"

"Well, since we haven't seen each other in a while, would you like to hang out for dinner tomorrow?"

" yeah, why not ... if you're not busy"
I said that after a silence that lasted for a few moments, and my heart almost exploded with happiness. I was feeling joy, tension and fear.

Well, then I'll drop by tomorrow to pick you up at 6 P.M

  "I will wait for you"

"ok, I'm going to end the call to let you sleep ... Good night tiny."