29.i can't leave her alone

SAM POV ÷

As was expected, Mrs. Ben died after two weeks of staying in the hospital, the burial ceremony was held two days after his death and there were many people who came to say goodbye to him for the last time before lying in his grave in peace.
I didn't get a chance to meet him, but those at the funeral were talking sadly about his morals and principles and how he lived a life that would always make him feel proud. He was a person of dignity and pride, with a reputation that would always make his daughter proud of him.

Speaking of Mon, she received the news of her father’s death with unexpected calm. She was calm the whole time....yeah...she was crying with continuous tears and red eyes, but I did not expect that she would be calm, or we can say.... numb.

I could not stop myself from being around her when I heard about the news that her father died because I was worried about her, but she did not look at me even once.
At the funeral, she was putting her hands in her pockets and standing as if she were a stranger and not his daughter.
Her father was buried without a single tear falling from her and everyone noticed that.
so me and her friends, even Selena, were worried because we knew very well that she wasn't behaving normally and that was a bad sign.

After the burial ceremony ended, her friends and Selena took her home. I was behind them the whole time, and when they entered the house, I stayed outside, standing two houses away from Mon’s house so that no one would notice my presence.

I knew that what I was doing was useless and doesn't make any sense but I couldn't go home that day, all I wanted was to be around her.
It didn't take long for an hour and all the girls left the house which and left Mon alone which wasn't an option based on her condition.
I called Emily but it seemed like she was ignoring me Suddenly a message arrived from her. 

EMILY: She asked us to leave her. 
               alone and even though we. 
               refused she insisted she was.
              angry and we felt that our
              presence was making her
              uncomfortable so we had no
              choice but to leave.

SAM: are you fucking kidding me?!
         How could you leave her alone?
         Didn't you see how she was
         behaving? What if she did.  
         something to herself?

EMILY : We tried but she refused to
                 have us there, she literally 
                 kicked us out.

SAM : How can I get into the house?

EMILY :  what, stay away from her,
                   She wants to be alone, and
                   I'm sure she won't welcome
                   your presence, and I'm also
                  sure you are not the right    
                  person who can help her.

"fuck, i can't leave her alone"
I murmured to myself ....I did not know what to do. I was helpless. I was literally standing in front of her door without doing anything, as if I was a dog waiting for its owner to miraculously open the door for him.

.
.
.
.

It was midnight. Suddenly the door of the house opened and Mon came out wearing light clothes not suitable for cold weather and holding her car keys.
It was clear that she was not stable. I was hesitant because I was anticipating her reaction, but I had to prevent her from driving the car while she was In this state

" Mon, please come back inside. What you are doing is not right. It is late."
I said that and held the car door to prevent her from opening it.