Chapter 1

Amelia Hazel Smith  17
Tuesday August 23 2022
Pacel Avenue, Portmore

.
.
.
.
.
.

" Aye gyal dat hawt inno," I shouted taking up a bag filled with dye and ice
cold water from my bucket.

Running behind a huge stone on the side of the road, I place the bucket down and peep my head out from behind to see who is near.

" Bombo that col' eh man," Paris shouted running in my direction.

Reaching into my bucket, I grab the small bag with black dye and throw it towards her when she speed pass me.

Holding her back she head over Ms Andera yard, dip the bucket inside her drum and run towards me.

I grab my bucket and run towards the old shop that is not to far from here. While speeding off the feeling of cold water connecting with my back stop me in my tracks.

That hawt eno

Nuh u wah play wata war lady??

Dat fih happen, you too fat bout you a run, lol

Sneaking behind the shop, I tip toe immediately after spotting Maddy on the other side with her back turn towards me. Place my hand inside the bucket, removing the bag with the ice water inside and as soon as she turn around, I threw the bag at her and run towards my stone that I was before.

1 more bag left and everybody out desso loaded, how me ago do dis

Me affi go tun go a the drum a hope dem leff wata in deh

Running towards the drum on the other die of the road  that we are using to play water war, I dip my bucket make sure to take out a few ice in it.

Running up behind Paris I turned the whole bucket over her head, then run towards the drum to refill.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A walk towards the pipe at the back of the house. I place my things around there before playing because I know better than to enter mommy house dripping with water.

I remove my top along with my bra and shorts, walking toward the hose that is connect to the power pipe in the back yard, I turn on the pipe so I can wet my body before showering.

A cah me alone wet up before me bade ??

Walking towards the wall where I place my items, I remove the shampoo and conditioner from the pile and bring it closer to the hose.

.
.
.
.

After a very well needed shower, I rap my towel around my body and pack my thing back in the bag that I carried them out in. Walking through the backdoor I pass the kitchen and the smell of curry chicken  and rice and peas hit my nose.

I peep my head inside,and mom is dishing out the food, I quickly walk towards the stairs so that I can get ready. I like to eat my food when it's hot, cold food nah go no weh.

A me one love rice and peas with curry chicken and boil cabbage??

I quickly place the bag inside the bathroom, walking towards my closet I decided on my shorts bottom PJs and a track suit top.

" Amelia ,"  Mom shouted.

What a woman fih shout

" Me a come mommy," I replied
pushing my foot inside my fuzzy sleepers.

I run down the stairs and the plate is on the table waiting for me. I sit around the table and mom whispered a small prayer and we soon dig in.

It taste good essi did affi go back again masa