Chapter 49

Amelia Hazel Smith
Saturday August 24, 2024
Tropical Street, St.Cathrine

Opening the car door, I place my foot outside so that Jay can strap on the heel.

Gih mih the strength lord

"You go ," He asked with a look of concern on his face .

Nodding I grab my fan, handbag and glasses.

Stepping out of the car, everybody started staring, leaning on the car because am feeling kinda weak, I quickly gather myself.

" Weh Luca," I asked anyone who is in close proximate.

"Him inna the church with you brother and father," Paula answered looking over at me.

The sound of car horns filled the silent community as the motorcade approaches the church.

Holding onto Jay left hand since he is holding Liyah on his right hand, we approach the church, stopping on the step, I capture small clips of the motorcade

They hired a video man to capture the whole service and it will be streamed live for those who can't make it.

As the car drive onto the ball ground, people started crowding around, videoing and that my cue to go inside.

Taking slow, carefully steps towards the front part of the church where the family member will be sitting I take my sit at the front bench since I will be participating in the program.

The loud noise could be heard with man giving direction so I turn in the nech and start to video the casket that is being pushed in.

It's a red and white funeral since its her favourite colours.

Luca, Dad, Mateo and Paris is entering behind, their are a few grauds behind my father.

They take their seat side me and the other filled the other chairs.

" The seat at the front is for family members," The pastor inform.

"You alright," I asked turning to Luca who is sitting directly beside me.

He nod is head and I give him a side hug.

The service started

"We will now have a tribute by her niece Amelia Smith," The pastor announce before taking his seat.

Walking gracefully up to the podium, I take the mic and rest most of my strength on the podium.

"Good afternoon everyone, to say that my aunty was a beautiful, graceful, joyful and comedic person would be an understatement,"

Half way through the tears started flooding.

The place started getting blurry, and I started swaying a bit, very rapidly the tears drain from my eyes, over my waterproof makeup and onto my shirt.

Staggering a bit, I felt a little uneasy.

Feeling arms holding me up, I let the mic lose from my arms, as I melt away into the person arms.

" O my," Someone said

Being lifted into the air, I close my eyes gentle as I feel my body give way.

" Drink the water b," Jay said holding the bottle at my mouth.

" Mih nuh want it," I said pushing it away. Signing he placed the water bottle down.

Resting my head on his shoulders, he rock my body, from side to side.

" She have slipper," Paris asked her voice sounding distant.