Chapter 7

Amelia Hazel Smith
Wednesday April 5, 2023
Pacel Avenue, Portmore

Amelia Hazel Smith Wednesday April 5, 2023 Pacel Avenue, Portmore

.
.
.
.
.
.

" Mommy oyee," I shouted walking down the stairs with my knapsack.

" Likkle gyal hurry up and go bout u business and stop call you me name," Mom answered louder.

" Me wah you help me carry the book dem go inna the car," I said approaching her in the kitchen .

" Ahhh," She answered grabbing the car keys.

Flashback

There is a knock on the door, since mom is in the kitchen in went to open it.

" You must be Amelia, Am Jordan your father," He greeted with his hands outstretched.

" Hey am Amelia, mommy is in the kitchen," I said shaking his hand.

As soon as the words left my mouth, mommy exits the kitchen with two cups in her hand. She looked up and the glass cups slp from her hands smashing to the floor causing small glass particles to fly everywhere.

I rush to her and help her step over the broken glass and then grab the scoop and broom to clean it up. After cleaning I walk to the living room and take a seat on the living room single couch making myself comfortable.

" This is your father ," Mom said pointing towards the man sitting on the couch opposite her.

" Think you did seh me neva av non cause him dead," I said looking between them.

Somebody betta start talk

" As I said before am Jordan and when you mommy did breed she neva tell me we use to have a good relationship on your mother run weh, she seh a because me a Don and thing a fih protection and thing," He started explaining.

" I did that for your safety baby," Mom said staring at the floor.

" Why wait all these years?" I asked looking between them.

" Nobody neva know seh she did pregnant and me neva get fih look fih r cause me av wah urgent business meeting oversea so me fly out the same day and get the call seh she gone. Plus it did because cause me n wah next gang did inna war and them would a use r against me and since recently me fly dung and start look fih r, when me find r me did a watch and that's how me discover you," Jordan explaines.

" So me a wonda if we can bound ," He continued.

" Yes we can," I said.

We bonded that night get to know each other, he is really nice. Me know him and mommy go weh inna the night eno a come talk bout she soon come back.